Global Down Syndrome Foundation
|Title:||DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT|
|Location:||Denver Metro Area|
The Global Down Syndrome Foundation is seeking an experienced, dynamic fund raiser to identify, cultivate, secure and steward major gifts from prospective and current major donors. At the direction of the Executive Director and with guidance from the Sr. Director of Operations & Government Affairs, this professional stewards individuals, foundations and corporations, and solicits major gifts from new and existing donors to grow Global’s financial resource development capacity.
The Global Down Syndrome Foundation (the ‘Foundation’) is a high-growth, non-profit organization dedicated to significantly improving the lives of people with Down syndrome through government advocacy, education, awareness and fundraising for the Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome.
Established in 2009, the Foundation’s primary focus is to support the Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome (the ‘Institute’). The Institute is the first organization in the U.S. with the mission to eradicate the medical and cognitive ill effects associated with Down syndrome through basic and clinical research and through clinical care. With headquarters at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Colorado the Institute incorporates scientific partners both locally and globally, and also researches related medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s.
Major Gift Cultivation
1. Working with the Foundation’s senior management team, creates and implements a comprehensive development plan to incrementally grows donations from individuals, foundations, and corporations for annual, multi-year and planned giving contributions.
2. Identifies, cultivate, secures and stewards major gifts for endowments, general donations, and event/program sponsorships from prospective and current donors. Creates customized strategies to maximize donor interaction and create long-standing relationships that are mutually beneficial to donors and the organization.
3. Maintains an active calendar of meetings with major gifts donors and prospects.
4. Develops strategies and practices to maintain and establish Foundation committees and memberships. Nurtures and stewards strong working bonds with key donors on various Foundation committees or membership circles.
Communications and Strategy
5. Works with the Executive Director and other senior management team members to provide ongoing support to the Foundation donor community. With leadership and marketing staff, assists in development and dissemination of appropriate major gifts marketing materials for individuals, foundations, and companies.
6. Participates on the team coordinating the Foundation’s signature event, the Be Beautiful Be Yourself Fashion Show, as well as other related projects designed to generate and enhance support.
7. Collaborates with colleagues at the Global Down Syndrome Foundation, the Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome, the Anna and John J. Sie Center for Down Syndrome and the Anna and John J. Sie Foundation to identify stewardship opportunities, and prospects for leadership gifts and endowments.
8. Assists with long-range and strategic planning on comprehensive development areas and helps communicate relevant goals to staff, fundraising committee and board members. Offers ideas and share solutions to optimize major and individual giving programs.
9. Creates and implements a robust donor recognition program.
10. Upon receipt of contributions, provides rigorous, timely follow-through to appropriately acknowledge donors with thank you letters, updates, and gestures of appreciation.
11. Produces timely, accurate and comprehensive reports for the Executive Director, the Sr. Director of Operations and Government Affairs, and various committees and members as appropriate, using key performance indicators to track the progress of major gifts activity.
12. Ensures each contribution is accurately recorded in a timely manner, maintains comprehensive donor profiles, and works with the organization to maximize the effective use of the constituent database.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or others as directed by the Executive Director.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of previous development experience including gifts of $10,000 and above. Experience with multi-year fundraising solicitations preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with donors and prospects
Please send cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions should be directed to Ellen Goldstein, President, IntoGreat Management Partners at 303-885-4555.