Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains
|Title:||Major Gifts Officer|
|Location:||Denver Metro Area|
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains (PPRM), the leader in reproductive healthcare, education and advocacy is now seeking a Major Gifts Officer for the Denver, CO area.
SUMMARY: To generate financial support for PPRM’s programs with funds secured from individuals and to provide appropriate stewardship to PPRM’s donor constituency; to educate donors regarding PPRM’s program goals; to develop relationships with donors and prospective donors, representing PPRM through cultivation and stewardship efforts and events. This position is salaried, exempt.
QUALIFICATIONS: Enthusiastic and dedicated team player; ability to support PPRM’s mission. Multiple years of resource development experience (or related), demonstrated ability to build relationships with donors and/or prospects, excellent speaking and writing skills. Strong customer service skills with external and internal constituencies. Must possess intuitive communication and listening skills to establish and build relationships. Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus. Ability to work flexible hours with some evenings and weekends. Willing/able to travel. Bi-lingual (Spanish) and/or Bi-cultural preferred.
1. Manage a portfolio of 100-150 major donors spending 50% of time on the highest level donors, 35% on mid-level major donors and 15% of time on emergent major donors.
2. Participate in face-to-face solicitations with current and potential major donors by scheduling visits with CEO, Senior VP of Development, VP of Development, and/or Director of Foundation and Major Gifts and key volunteers.
3. Conduct prospect research to broad base of potential supporters and coordinate with development staff in the cultivation, identification and upgrade of donors.
Assist in planning for the cultivation and solicitation of a targeted group of donors making gifts of $1,000 and up for restricted and annual gifts.
4. Work as a Development team member to meet fiscal year fundraising goal, create and adhere to the strategic plan and annual budget.
5. Support the team environment with ideas and skills as required by team direction including but not limited to editing/proofing and writing of other written materials as appropriate.
6. Support agency wide objectives through, but not limited to attending PPRM, PPVC, and external events, and by participating on task forces and committees
7. Participates in abortion services (participation can include referrals, information, education, counseling, performing, scheduling, etc.)
PPRM offers excellent benefits, competitive pay and a great working environment! Please apply at www.pprm.org
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Values Diversity in People & Ideas