Organization: CFPDTitle: Accounting Assistant
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Location: Denver Metro Area
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
This position exists to provide accounts payable processing and accounting support to the Colorado Fund for People with Disabilities (CFPD), and its affiliated programs and/or organizations.ï¿½ï¿½The position reports directly to the CFO/Controller of CFPD.ï¿½ Position pays $15.00 per hour with excellent benefits.
ï¿½KEY RESULT AREAS
Key result areas that will determine the success of the position are:
- Day to day financial record keeping for the organization and Trust sub-accounts.
- Efficient use of office equipment, computer systems, office suite software, data base, and accounting programs.
- Contribution to cross-functional teamwork.
- Contribution to CFPDï¿½s operational goals through other activities as required.
Key activities include those listed below and other activities required by the organization consistent with the employeeï¿½s skills, abilities and within the current level of responsibility of the employee.
- Accounts Payable processing in QuickBooks (Representative Payee Posting)
- Mailing check deposit receipts to Beneficiaries.
- Mailing invoices to Beneficiaries.
- Monitoring Beneficiariesï¿½ monthly usage on Company Sprint plan.
- Backup for Accounts Payable Associate.
- Assists CFO/Controller with audits.
- Assists with preparation of quarterly and annual accountings for each Beneficiary sub-account.
- Notifies Beneficiaries when their balances are low.
- Sends notification to appropriate parties when trust closes.
- Break out charges on Professional bills for Conservatorship Clients and assist with completion of Conservatorship reports.
- Assist CFO/Controller with new software conversion.
- Matching Contract Case Managers monthly check writing report and credit cards to backup.
- Accounting and Contract Case Managers Filing
- Order office supplies.
- Telephone maintenance and support.
- Office machines maintenance and support.
- Assists CFO/Controller and Executive Director with any other duties as assigned.
- Assist Case Managers with administrative duties as assigned. ï¿½
- Exhibits professionalism in all personal interactions.
- QuickBooks, Excel and other accounting program skills, to perform all financial duties associated with a Trust operation and a fee-for-service business; including the ability to provide reports to the Executive Director, the Board and various government agencies.
Task and Role Management
- Management of day to day, week to week activities consistent with job roles and organizational goals and objectives.
Management and use of technology
- Use and maintain various forms of office technology; with particular skills in Quickbooks Accounting, ACT 2007 Database, BillQuick, and Microsoft Office applications.
- This role requires the ability to work well with many different stakeholders; who will include other employees, Beneficiaries of the Trust, members of the Board of Directors, vendors and service providers, benefit eligibility technicians, attorneys, and others.
- The role also requires the ability to interact with people who have disabilities, and their families, with sensitivity and tact.
Position pays $15.00 per hour with excellent benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.ï¿½ Please put Accounting Associate in the subject line.
No phone callsï¿½please.ï¿½
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.