Organization: Assoc. of Colorado Centers for Independent Living (ACCIL)Title: Association Coordinator
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Association of Colorado Centers for Independent Living (ACCIL)
Association Coordinator – Job Description- Facilitates communication throughout the organization
- Assists ACCIL President and other officers with communication, scheduling, and other logistical duties.
- Communicates advocacy and legislative issues for the organization internally and with other statewide stakeholders as directed.
- Provides administrative support to ACCIL.
- Facilitates progress towards achieving committee and strategic/work plan goals and objectives.
- Assists in the planning and facilitating of ACCIL statewide meetings.
- Maintains the ACCIL website, handles public relations efforts.
- Educates the stakeholders, partners and the public through clear messaging related to issues of importance as directed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability desired. Reasonable Accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor degree or commensurate experience required; prefer experience in disability or management-related field and experience with a board-governed non-profit disability organization. Commitment to the empowerment of persons with disabilities and success of Independent Living Centers.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to communicate in written and oral modes.
· Ability to facilitate communication between and among the membership as
well as the various groups that make up the state-wide disability community.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Expected to work effectively with CIL Directors and others.
· Knowledge of the concepts, history and philosophy of Independent Living
and ability to facilitate consumer empowerment.
· Ability to arrange necessary transportation must be maintained throughout
No physical demands are anticipated. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Personal experience with disabilities
The Coordinator will be an independent contractor. Will work primarily in the Denver area, perhaps within an Independent Living Center. Moderate to high amount of travel: local, regional and statewide.
The position is part-time. The Coordinator is an independent contractor position, no benefits are provided. The amount of the contract is $14,000annually.
Effective January 1, 2015.
Please send letter of interest and resume to:
Ian Engle – Chair, Association of Colorado Centers for Independent Living
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.