Organization: mpoweredTitle: Bilingual Receptionist, Part-Time
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Location: Denver Metro Area
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Position Type: Support staff, part-time
Hours: 20 hours per week, hours vary, some nights and weekends required
Location: Lakewood, CO
Busy non-profit organization based in Lakewood is looking for a Bilingual English & Spanish Receptionist. The Receptionist will play a key support role in keeping both our main office and 10 satellite offices running smoothly and ensuring that our clients, partners and staff are well-served.
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic team player with a friendly, positive, passionate, “customer first” attitude with a high level of professionalism. The right candidate is a reliable self-starter who can deliver an exceptional first impression and has immaculate organizational skills. In addition, he or she has the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment with minimal supervision. There is sometimes little instruction and/or direction provided, so candidate must be resourceful and bright.
Mpowered is a nonprofit resource for individuals and families in Colorado who want to learn about money management and participate in coaching to achieve an individual definition of financial success. We provide affordable programs to empower families and individuals to think, act and feel differently about their money. Learn more at www.mpoweredcolorado.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Manage multiple phone lines. Field incoming Spanish and English phone calls and emails from inquiries, clients, creditors and community partners.
- Schedule clients for appointments with personal finance coaches in multiple offices.
- Serve as a resource for clients seeking information, assistance or recommendations; a thorough understanding of services available at mpowered and through our community partners is critical in the ability to deliver customer service in an exceptional and timely manner.
- Demonstrate a true passion for customer service by proactively seeking ways to better serve our clients and partners, always going above and beyond.
- Provide the image and service representative of a 10-year BBB Gold Star-rated non-profit organization through smiling, professionally greeting clients, and communicating clearly and effectively.
- Process financial transactions in a timely manner with 100% accuracy; ensure the safekeeping of incoming client funds and petty cash.
- Provide general clerical and administrative support, including letter creation, copying, filing, etc.
- Collect, track and report data using client management database.
- Maintain calendar, contacts and client lists.
Skills and Qualification Requirements
- Bilingual, speaking and writing English as well as Spanish, required
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar position with high recommendations from previous employer(s)
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Advanced typing skills
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Ability to produce business correspondence, proofread for grammar, spelling and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy
- Readiness to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Willingness to pitch in to help others when needed
- Strong focus on detail as well as accurate and timely follow-through skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and ever-changing small office environment
Compensation: Mpowered offers an excellent total compensation package, including a regular hourly rate of $11.50 – 13.00 depending on experience and an attractive benefits package including health insurance, 401k match, 529 savings plan, paid vacation, and numerous professional development opportunities.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Mpowered follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender expression. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Please email resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line reading: Bilingual Receptionist. Closing date: open until filled.
In your cover letter, please 1) address why you want to work for mpowered, 2) detail your experience handling multiple phone lines, providing customer service, and setting appointments, and 3) include your date of availability. Receipt of resumes will not be acknowledged. No phone calls or faxes please.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.