Organization: Catholic CharitiesTitle: Bilingual Therapist
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Provide clinical assessment/problem identification, crisis intervention, individual, couple and family therapy, therapeutic parenting and case management to clients in our Home-Based Counseling Program. ï¿½ï¿½
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides professional counseling to adults, adolescents, children couples and families.
- Performs assessment, diagnostic evaluation, and treatment planning and case disposition.
- Acts as an advocate for clients and/or client systems when appropriate.
- Performs appropriate case management including, but not limited to resource and referrals.
- Documents client contacts and progress in accordance with accepted charting standards.
- Participate in clinical supervision, consultation and staff training as required.
- Provides education, training and/or planning in mental health/human service issues as appropriate.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charitiesï¿½ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charitiesï¿½ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Demonstrated strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social work, child development, health and mental health systems.
- Skills in preparing professional reports and documents.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, other employees, organizations and the public are required.
- Flexible and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of computers for entering and tracking client and program data and creating professional communications
- Knowledge of appropriate behavior interventions for specialty area and multi-modality clients
- Ability to solve complex problems effectively and creatively.
- Knowledge of the service populationï¿½s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Masterï¿½s degree (MA/MS) in Social Work or Counseling or equivalent in related field is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licensure in social work, marriage and family therapy, professional counseling, or psychology is preferred.ï¿½ï¿½
Position is part-time, 20 hours a week. The hours are Monday-Friday, some evening hours are required and occasional Saturdays. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process
Mission: As the charitable arm of the Archdiocese of Denver and inspired by God’s love and compassion, Catholic Charities extends the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need.
Vision: Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver will continue to anticipate and stimulate support for your services, provide those services effectively and faithfully and through our charitable ministry seek to influence the political, social and cultural environments in which we serve
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.