Organization: Mile High United WayTitle: Call Center Specialist- bilingual
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Location: Denver Metro Area
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Mile High United Way leverages relationships and invests resources to drive social change. We lead the community in achieving measurable results in the areas of School Readiness, Youth Success, and Adult Self Sufficiency. Our Vision is a community united to create better opportunities for all. Our Mission is uniting people, ideas, and resources to advance the common good.
Mile High United Way is seeking resumes from well qualified candidates who want to directly and positively impact the community in the position of Call Center Specialist. This position responds to incoming calls, accurately collects client information and demographics, and provides appropriate referrals to clients seeking health and human services. This is fast-paced call center environment working with a great team. Our ideal candidate will be a team player who has energy and enthusiasm for assisting those in need.
· Answer incoming calls seeking health and human services
· Collect client information and demographics
· Provide accurate information and referrals to health and human services
The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent and the following qualifications:
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Active listening and crisis intervention skills
· Detail and action oriented
· Able to handle multiple tasks
· Able to meet on-time requirements and meet deadlines
· Knowledge of the Human Services Delivery System in Metro Denver preferred
· English/Spanish bilingual required
· Microsoft Office skills at Intermediate level or better
· Type 35-40 w.p.m.
· Strong Excel Skills preferred
Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Shift hours may vary by day of the week. The Call Center Specialists are required to assist in crisis response activities, which would include working on weeknights and/or weekends per assigned shifts.
· Ability to operate a computer for extended periods.
TO APPLY – SUBMIT RESUME/COVER LETTER TO: email@example.com with 2-1-1 Call Center Specialist as the subject line. For additional information on Mile High United Way, please visit www.unitedwaydenver.org
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.