Organization: Realizing Aptitudes FoundationTitle: Career Coach and Outreach Coordinator – FT
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Realizing Aptitudes Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization that provides career guidance to adolescents and young adults (~16-22 y/o). We offer a variety of career assessments and 1:1 coaching to guide our clients through the career exploration and decision making process. Our test suite allows us to explore interests, and assess for talents and stress management strategies. We use these results to inform aligned career options, delivered via a customized integrated career report through 1:1 coaching. Our services are provided on a sliding scale.
We’re beginning outreach efforts to partner with Denver/Front Range/Boulder area schools and youth centered community based organizations. Come join our team as a career coach who delivers career assessment and coaching as well as assists with outreach and research efforts. Realizing Aptitudes is a small organization; there are many hats to be worn and opportunities to gain exposure and experience with other aspects of non profit management and leadership. Given our flexible working environment it’s important that you proactively take on other tasks as you are able and are comfortable working autonomously.
This position reports to the Director of Research and Program Development.
• Assist in implementing outreach strategies to high schools and community based organizations in the Denver/Front Range/Boulder areas
• Conduct career assessment including abilities, interest, coping, and strengths
• Administer, score, and interpret assessment results, and generate integrated reports
• Facilitate intake and feedback sessions
• Provide session notes
• Gather client feedback through observation and quantitative assessment
• Regularly review relevant scholarly journals to discuss current trends and advancements in the field
• Research organizations and institutions with similar mission scope to assess for alignment and potential partnership
• Participate in continual evaluation of Realizing Aptitude’s test suite, product, and service
Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Psychology from an accredited University
• At least 2 years of career coaching experience
• At least one working with youth (15-17 y/o)
• Experience working with at-risk youth
• Required knowledge of:
• CHC Theory of cognitive ability
• General Occupational Themes/Holland’s Codes: RIASEC
• Coping theory
• Positive psychology
• Career coaching best practices
• Job analysis theory
• Psychological assessment procedure and ethics, including administration, scoring, and interpretation
• Online assessment procedure
• Build rapport and overcome client resistance, thus building and maintaining client engagement
• Effectively pace feedback sessions and determine client understanding of theoretical models and potential career paths
• Integrate a strength based approach into coaching technique
• Excellent report writing skills and ability to integrate knowledge of client abilities and interests in informing career trajectory
• Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and foster long-term relationships with youth based community organizations
• Position is based out of Broomfield office
• Meet clients in locations convenient to them (Denver/Front Range/Boulder areas), which requires reliable personal transportation
• Domestic travel for conferences and other professional development
*This is not a contract position.
Submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Jennifer Falkoski at email@example.com.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.