Organization: Share Our Strength (Denver Office)Title: Colorado Development Manager
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Subcategory: Development, Programs/Services
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
- Job Description:
The Colorado Development Manager is responsible for raising funds to support Share Our Strength’s programmatic work in Colorado, which has a budget of $2.4M in 2015. The Development Manager will coordinate culinary events; manage individual donor relationships; identify and solicit foundation funders; and create broader awareness of Share Our Strength in the greater Colorado community, in collaboration with Share Our Strength state program staff and staff in the D.C. headquarters office. This person will be responsible for creating the “fundraising vision” in Colorado, in cooperation with the Colorado Director and other leadership, as well as directing the execution of the plan supporting that vision.
- Work with Colorado State Director, Colorado Leadership Council, and Share Our Strength staff, Culinary Events and Communications teams to create and implement an annual fundraising and plan across platforms for the Colorado office. Plan will include culinary events, major gifts fundraising, corporate partnerships, and foundation grant-seeking.
- Retain and expand Share Our Strength’s base of foundation supporters in Colorado by identifying new prospects and effectively cultivating, soliciting and stewarding relationships. Lead all aspects of the grant-seeking process, including prospect research, cultivation, proposal preparation (i.e., writing proposals) and submission, follow-up, and outcomes-based reporting.
- Coordinate, plan and lead major fundraising events that may include Chefs Up Front, and Dine Out to Support No Kid Hungry and others as assigned, with technical support from National staff.
- Recruit local sponsors for all fundraising events and for programmatic initiatives. Develop, grow and maintain fundraising relationships and partnerships with other organizations in the community.
- Recruit, coach, train and develop volunteer committee members, interns and others as needed to execute fundraising activities, especially culinary events, in coordination with Community Engagement Manager and local program staff.
- In collaboration with Share Our Strength staff, identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors in Colorado.
- Work with staff to ensure full and effective utilization of Share Our Strength’s database system by tracking and reporting all Colorado donor-related activity.
- Serve as liaison to other Share Our Strength fundraising platforms, including Great Nations Eat, Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry, and Corporate Partnerships. Work with national staff to enhance these platforms’ presence in Colorado.
- Attend No Kid Hungry Colorado Leadership Council meetings, fundraising event committee meetings, National Share Our Strength and Colorado staff meetings, and community meetings.
- Other duties as assigned, including representing the Colorado office on internal planning committees, multi-department projects, etc.
- Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree, plus 3-5 years of experience in successfully raising money through special events, major gifts and grant seeking.
- Solid understanding of development operation fundamentals and how to improve and enhance existing systems.
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry is preferred.
- Experience managing volunteers and working with coalitions.
- Experience working on hunger, nutrition, or other issues affecting low-income children desired; enthusiasm for healthy, affordable, and delicious food is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements at www.nokidhungry.org. No Calls Please.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.