Organization: Restoration Community ChurchTitle: Communications Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR MINISTRY DESCRIPTION
Primary Objectives: Increase awareness of RCC, communicate to current members,
create internal communications and ensure all marketing/ communication processes
work together throughout all departments.
Brand Protection and Education
- Ensure the brand guide is enforced including; name, logo, colors, tagline and mission statement is used correctly at all times.
- Educate any new staff and stakeholders on brand guide usage
- Approve the use of the brand elements on all materials.
- Enforce the correct brand name “Restoration Community Church” or “RCC” and restorationcommunitychurch.us (not restorationcc.us) in all communications and email signatures.
External Communications: Create and Execute Marketing Tactics
Oversee the creation, printing and timeline of message series collateral. Series collateral are: Direct mail, website rotator and website page content, invite card, program cover, web image, image for Paul, FB image and for Christmas and Easter flyers and building banners.
Work with leadership for artwork direction on each message.
Guide the creation of larger direct mail programs on an as-needed basis.
Website Management/ Development
- Add content as needed to content pages, blogs, videos and calendar.
- Update content as needed when programs change, etc.
- Work with SEO and PPC expert to ensure programs are working correctly and RCC ranks at the top of organic search.
- Ensure RCC brand copy is correct for all search results.
- Review metrics for special programs/events (i.e. Advent blogs)
- Answer emails received via the website or pass to appropriate staff member.
- Ensure any sign-up processes involving the website are customeroriented including volunteerism, event attendance and tithing.
- Overseeing the social media system: FB, Twitter, Meetup, Blogs, Yelp, Google local.
- When needed update RCC brand copy on all social media platforms.
- Direct external FaceBook resource on posting
- Send FaceBook image to volunteer.
Oversee weekly program (bulletin) process. Writing and editing.
Oversee the look and feel of all guest service tables and collateral materials.
Oversee the design and printing of all collateral pieces.
- Write boilerplate responses as needed.
- Ensure events are well publicized via host message and printed communications.
- Manage the weekly email process overseeing the assistant.
- Create one-topic email on an as-needed basis.
- Create surveys as needed.
- Oversee the quarterly giving letter process. Writing and editing materials.
- Oversee the development of Stay + Go campaign collaterals. Writing and editing materials.
- Oversee the development of the Annual Report. Writing and editing materials.
- Oversee the development of the Year-End series of letters. Writing and editing materials
Staff Communications and Support Staff Needs
- Maintain and distribute the editorial calendar.
- Setup planning meetings for any big day.
- Support staff needs; i.e. internal signage.
- Create rotators or “ads” for Worship Leader to roll before services.
Meetings and Events
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend events to take photos to post to the website and social media
- Provide direction to the external (volunteer) art director.
- Recruit, oversee, train and encourage a team of volunteers that executes all aspects of our communication. Note: No single communication piece should go out without first going through our communications director.
Qualifications and Requirements
- College degree in Marketing or Communications.
- Passion for the RCC mission.
- Outstanding communications skills; written and verbal.
- Ability to manage up.
- Expert at communications/marketing best practices.
- Attention to detail including editing and proofreading.
- Able to lead others towards common goals.
- Knows how to expand and protect a brand.
- Positive attitude.
- Works well in a changing and expanding environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
Hours: 10 per week.
Compensation: $25 an hour.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.