Organization: Rocky Mountain SERTitle: Cook I – Denver
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Location: Denver Metro Area
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Rocky Mountain SER has been satisfying Colorado’s diverse employment, training, and educational needs since 1980.
Rocky Mountain SER (RMSER) is a grassroots community based organization established in 1980. Since its inception, RMSER has provided quality educational, employment and training services to over 50,000 unemployed, economically disadvantaged and underemployed individuals.
Currently, RMSER serves more than 3,000 low-income and disadvantaged families annually through its Head Start, Workforce Training, Migrant Farm worker, and Youth and Community programs.
We are seeking a Cook I for a head start program in Denver, CO. This position is a regular full-time 9 month position – eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a generous paid time off allowance. In addition to generous paid time off and making a difference in the lives of children, you will also be able enjoy summers off and return in late August for the following school year.
Below are the duties and qualifications for this position, though not completely comprehensive:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
· Responsible for maintaining the day to day Food Service Operation for all centers.
· Responsible for planning meals and snacks with the assistance of Cook II and
Nutrition Coordinator, that is nutritionally sound, meets the Child and Adult Care Food Program requirements and enjoyed by the children.
· Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen that meets health and safety
· Responsible for the up-keep of all kitchen equipment.
· Responsible for obtaining all food and non-food items orders from center kitchens and ordering the same for the necessary weekly food service preparation.
· Responsible for reviewing menu production records on a weekly basis.
· Responsible for maintaining binder with food labels (ingredients).
· Responsible for submitting invoices with back-up paper work weekly.
· Responsible for preparing and delivering meals that are nutritious, eye appealing and
palatable to children.
· Responsible for maintaining an on-going inventory of equipment for kitchen.
· Willing to work directly with children, families and teaching staff regarding food preparation and nutritious needs through in-service, workshops, trainings, and handouts.
· Attends meetings and/or trainings as required and/or approved by supervisor.
· May be required to assist Cook II with staff, parent and children’s nutritional
· Assists Cook II with monitoring of the Food Service at the Head Start Center.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum Education: High School Diploma of GED.
· Servsafe certification or able to obtain within program time-frame.
· Experience with food preparation.
· Knowledge of the Head Start Program is preferred.
· Knowledge of nutritional requirements for children and adults.
· Experience with children.
Pay Rate: 10.26 per hour
FLSA : Hourly Non-Exempt
Eligible for Benefts: Yes
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.