Organization: Rocky Mountain InstituteTitle: Development Coordinator
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Rocky Mountain Institute is seeking a Development Coordinator who is directly responsible for the comprehensive management of donor information, gift processing and recording, gift stewardship and acknowledgements, and for coordinating data, reports, and other activities to support fundraising efforts. This position reports to the Development Operations Manager and works closely with other development office staff, the accounting office, donors and staff members to provide a high level of quality customer service to all constituents internal and external and to ensure consistent record-keeping and information management in a high volume fundraising office.
Comprehensive Management of Donor Information
- Coordinate the maintenance, data input, integrity and accuracy of donor information in the constituent database management system
- Proactively update and maintain accurate constituent records, both paper and electronic. Establish and oversee a system for retaining donor information
- Generate donor lists and financial reports
- Conduct prospect research as requested
Gift Processing and Recording
- Process all gifts and pledges received from individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations. Manage pledge and gift entry and ensure donor record accuracy
- Serve as the Development representative in periodic reconciliations with accounting, ensuring gifts received are directed as they were intended
- Oversee all automated giving processes. Work with donors to maintain up-to-date account information
- Work with Development Administrative Assistant to ensure timely and accurate data entry
Gift Stewardship and Acknowledgements
- Manage the generation of all pledge and gift acknowledgements
- Oversee the production of annual and quarterly giving and pledge statements and the accompanying materials and mailings
- Respond to inquiries related to pledges, pledge status and gifts and resolve any gift-related issues in a professional and timely fashion
Fundraising Campaign and Event Support
- Coordinate materials and data needed to support fundraising campaigns and events
- Support development team staff in all event-related activities. Duties may include assisting with solicitations, managing event reservations, serving as an on-site resource for events and overseeing the ordering and distribution of pledge envelopes or other materials
- Manage the Fiscal Year end and Calendar Year end gift receipting and other closing activities
- Working with the Development Officers and campaign managers, run data lists to support direct mail appeals to target groups
Development Writing: Grant Writing/Reporting and Donor Communications Support
- Provide support and backup as needed to the foundations team, Development Officers in the preparation of proposals, foundation grant requests & reports, case statements and campaign materials
General Office Management
- Serve as point of contact for the Development Office. Direct donor inquiries with a high level of accuracy, confidentiality and care
- Perform other duties as assigned
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1 years of related professional experience
- Experience and proficiency with constituent management databases and Microsoft Office required. (Experience with Salesforce Customer Management Software tool highly desired)
- Keen attention to detail with a strong commitment to accuracy, tracking and follow-through
- Self-starter, with the ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and priorities to meet regular deadlines. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to provide timely response to requests, information, service and assistance. Exercise good judgment and discretion when handling confidential information and interacting with donors and colleagues.
- Flexibility to shift priorities based on human and budget needs
- Possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and solicit feedback to improve service
RMI is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.