Organization: Mile High Early LearningTitle: Development Coordinator
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Position Summary: The Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Mile High Early Learning’s fundraising initiatives, board support, brand advancement, communications, and marketing. Will assist with fundraising events, serve as liaison to fundraising consultants and board members who serve volunteer fund development roles, provide prospect research, create grant proposals, coordinate press coverage of Mile High Early Learning, manage the organization’s social media accounts and e-newsletter, and maintain consistency in the organization’s messaging to diverse audiences.
Supervisor: President and CEO
Essential Job Functions:
· · Support Mile High Early Learning leadership, staff, and fundraising consultants with the donor database, including entity research, creating requested reports, and processing donations from supporters.
· Maintain, update and track donations in donor database.
· Collaborate across departments on various projects to support the mission of Mile High Early Learning with the writing of fundraising and communication materials (cultivation, solicitation, and donor acknowledgment letters).
· Support the creation, and manage distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic materials, including: marketing, development, and solicitation materials, event announcements, invitations, programs, and signage.
· Maintain and update the organizational website with event announcements, photos, news articles, newsletters, press releases, etc.
· Assist in cultivation of both current and prospective donors in coordination with MHEL leadership, fundraising consultants, and board leadership.
· Coordinate Growing Great Minds Tours to introduce prospects to the organization.
· Create and distribute press releases, monthly e-newsletters, and print newsletters for donors, partners, and other constituents relating to activities of MHEL.
· Annual report for donors and other supporters.
· Provide consistent and engaging postings and conversations on social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube, as appropriate.
· Help ensure that all internal/external communications are branded, accurate, and consistent.
· Assist with foundation, government, and corporate grant proposals and reports as needed and maintaining all related records and documents.
· Work with board members to execute on a myriad of projects, including fund development, coordination of meetings, and other tasks as necessary.
· Organize and operate major annual event. Responsibilities may include logistical management of all committee meetings, contracts with vendors, fundraising strategies and logistics around sponsorship opportunities, identifying media opportunities, networking, and correspondence with volunteers and advisory board in order to raise money for table sponsorships.
· Staff liaison to development consultant team.
· Managing non-cash donations and drives.
· Plan, implement, and execute the annual appeal.
· May also draft minutes or notes from various meetings.
· Assist with other projects as needed.
Standard Job Functions:
· Be able to interact with educationally, economically, culturally, and racially diverse persons whose first language may not be English.
· Effectively resolve conflict; remain calm in very busy or emergency situations.
· Maintain confidentiality related to all aspects of the parents/children enrolled and employee information as defined by Mile High Early Learning, State of Colorado, and Federal regulations.
· Maintain professional and effective working relationships with co-workers and Mile High Early Learning staff.
· Attend mandatory staff meetings.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Position Qualifications / Certifications / Licenses:
· 3 years of experience working in a development, marketing or public relations position and/or office management experience is preferred.
· Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and involvement.
· Ability to recognize and manage competing priorities and execute to meet deadlines.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills.
· Special events coordination experience.
· Experience working with volunteer committees and volunteer-led events.
· Experience with social media and online communication tools.
· Must have reliable transportation to attend outside events.
· Microsoft office suite, database software
Essential Physical Requirements:
· Conduct activities involving standing, walking and sitting.
· Must be able to lift hands or arms above shoulder height with a weight up to 10 lbs.
· Lift, carry, push or pull objects weighting up to 25 lbs.
· Business office environment.
· Moderate standing, walking, stooping.
Equipment and Supplies Used:
· Computer, Printer, Telephone, Fax, Copier, Calculator and other office equipment.
Please email Resume and Cover Letter to Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.