Organization: Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute (RMMFI)Title: Development Coordinator
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
- Status: Full Time
- Hours: 9am-5pm Monday through Friday with some weekend/evenings required (work schedule can be shifted to accommodate for evening hours)
- Pay Range: $36,000-$40,000 annually based on experience and skill sets plus benefits
The Development Coordinator will be a key member of a small, action-oriented Development team. Reporting to and working directly with the Development Director, the Coordinator will play a vital role in growing the philanthropic revenue for an entrepreneurial, mission-driven business. In collaboration with the Development Director, responsibilities include meeting or exceeding the annual fund and events-related fundraising goals; acknowledging, stewarding and growing annual fund contributions; developing and successfully implementing all organization special events; representing the organization to donors, vendors, and the public; producing various fundraising-related collateral; maintaining the donor database; and managing volunteers.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic people-person who is self-motivated, entrepreneurial, a team player, and willing to take complete ownership of critical duties. Rewards include a robust benefits package (including professional development opportunities, active lifestyle and personal enrichment benefits), competitive salary, and the knowledge that the results achieved will directly impact a growing organization that is at the cutting edge of social and economic development in Denver.
- Annual Giving Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management and implementation of RMMFI’s Annual Giving program (direct mail, in-kind donations, events, workplace giving, and online giving).
- Work with Development Director to establish long term goals and objectives, to strategize annual campaign, and all other fundraising efforts.
- Develop, maintain, and grow strong relationships with current and potential donors in the RMMFI Community.
- Ensure proper donor recognition and stewardship.
- Develop strategies for new donor acquisition and growth.
- Maintain RMMFI’s donor database (Salesforce) and ensure accuracy of gift entry and reporting.
- Upgrade and manage a timely and appropriate gift acknowledgement program.
- Assist in the creation of external content and collateral for the Development department, including but not limited to appeals, newsletters, social media, website, and invitations.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization as needed to bring in funding, volunteers, etc.
- Prepare Departmental reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate RMMFI’s Annual Fundraiser and all special events, including being the staff liaison to the volunteer Special Events Committee.
- Secure and manage corporate sponsorships related to events in collaboration with Development Director and Special Events Committee.
- Creatively develop and implement an Events strategy to achieve Annual Fund goals.
- Manage and recruit development volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum three years development and donor relations experience, including annual campaigns. RMMFI will consider applicants who can show related experience in the for-profit sector.
- Knowledge of fund development principles.
- Experience providing a high level of customer service.
- Experience with fundraising database software; experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Highly proficient in all MS Office products. Familiar with the use of Adobe Creative Suite programs is preferred.
- Experience with the use of social media in fundraising is strongly preferred
- Able to communicate effectively and build solutions with others.
- Able to build networks and and create positive connections/partnerships.
- Conveys passion and inspires others.
- Demonstrates creativity and vision to achieve results.
- Turns ideas with potential into reality.
- Demonstrates excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Exhibits pride in achieving results AND in the way results are achieved.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday, February 8, 2016. Please use the Email Subject Line: Development Coordinator Applicant. No phone calls, please. Thank you for your interest in the Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute.
90-Day Probationary Period
The information presented in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives of individuals assigned to this job. Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute requires all employees to go through a 90-day probationary period of employment and employment status will be considered temporary until this 90 day probationary period has expired.
Founded in 2008, Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute (RMMFI) is a Community creating mobility in people’s lives through entrepreneurship. We help curious people with passion transform into serious entrepreneurs through skill building, mentorship, and micro-lending. RMMFI strives to be an energetic and creative workplace that places high value on both the quality results in the work we do and a balanced life for team members. More information about RMMFI can be found at www.rmmfi.org.
To learn more about the typical RMMFI Entrepreneur follow this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZfIAQQbdx0
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.