Organization: WapiyapiTitle: Development Coordinator
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Wapiyapi is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing an exceptional camp experience that fosters friendships, fun and healing outside of the hospital to families facing childhood cancer. ï¿½ We are seeking a versatile and dynamic candidate to provide half-time development support from home office/tele-commute.ï¿½ The organization operates without a physical office, but with regular face-to-face meetings and activities; some weekends and evenings.ï¿½ï¿½
Job Description Summary:
The Development Coordinator provides administrative support for Wapiyapiï’s fundraising and development related events and tasks. The Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director and the Development Committee to execute fundraising goals and plans through fundraising support, effective database management and reporting, and donor stewardship efforts.ï¿½ The coordinator also assists with messaging and communications strategies, including marketing, public relations and social media related to development and fundraising efforts.ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½
The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic and flexible, and have a proven ability to coordinate and balance multiple tasks.ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½
- Support Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Development Committee in their work to identify, cultivate, solicit, steward, and upgrade annual donors
- Assist in the coordination of appeals and campaigns, events, and activities
- Support major gifts program including community outreach, researching and analyzing major gifts prospects, scheduling prospect meetings, and related tasks
- Solicit sponsorships and in-kind donations
- Schedule and assist with various staff and volunteer leadership meetings; assist with task follow-up and completion
- Assist with recruitment and coordination of volunteers
- Oversee donor database and gift entry processes to ensure integrity of the database
- Prepare thank you letters and appropriate financial and in-kind donation acknowledgements
- Generate development reports from database (monthly giving reports, sponsors, major donors, individuals, lapsed, etc.)
- Research and report from database on acquisition, retention, and attrition
- Assist with advertising, public relations and marketing, including collateral materials related to donor development, recruitment, and retention (website, Facebook, Constant Contact, print media, etc.).
Coordinate production and distribution of fundraising appeals, annual reports, and other donor correspondence.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Bachelorï¿½s degree and minimum of two years of experience in fundraising.
- Highly developed interpersonal, networking, and rapport building skills with boards, community members, media representatives and volunteers.
- Experience with donor database(s); experience with Gift Works a plus.ï¿½
Demonstrated successful fundraising experience
Strong communication skills including ability to write about the organization persuasively.
Experience writing annual appeals, press releases, and newsletter writing and design; experience with Constant Contact a plus.
Experience working with committees and volunteers.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Background check required by state (paid for by organization).ï¿½
The salary is $17/hour with accrued PTO.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and two fundraising writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Development Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Initial interviews will be conducted by phone; follow-up interviews with final candidates will be in person.ï¿½ References and background check will follow final interviews.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.