|Location:||Denver Metro Area|
Development Coordinator Job Announcement
Organizational Background: Conservation Colorado works to protect Colorado’s environment and quality of life by mobilizing people and electing conservationâ€minded policy makers. Conservation Colorado blends the legacies of two organizations with a combined 60 years of working to protect Colorado’s environment and people. We do this by using cutting-edge strategies and tactics to build power with a clear focus on winning. The group seeks a Development Coordinator who will bring vision, smarts, energy, and passion to their work.
Overview of Position and Responsibilities:
• Understand and participate in membership coordination; specifically work to grow Conservation Colorado’s member base by significant numbers in the next three years.
• Responsible for direct mail, email and phone programs for donors up to the $500 annual giving level.
• Manage the monthly donor (Colorado GEMs) program.
• Manage House Party fundraising events (up to 10/year).
• Enter donor information as necessary for the entire Development Department related to identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
• Identify prospects for the major donor program ($250-4,999 annually).
• Work with Development Manager for major donor content and contacts.
• Work with Development Director for foundation content and contacts.
• Ensure grant calendar for both reports and proposals is maintained and met.
• Coordinate workplace giving efforts through our relationships with Community Shares and the Combined Federal Campaign.
• Write and proofread fundraising materials as needed by Executive, Development, and
• Communications Directors
• Assist with donation entry during heavy donation periods (year-end, events, etc…) and when needed.
• Assist with acknowledgement process.
• Follow best practices and increase the integrity of data related to donor and donation information in the fundraising management database.
• Take an active role in power building and list growth strategies for the organization.
• Participate in achieving other organizational priorities as the need arises.
• B.A. or B.S. degree.
• 1-2 years of Development and or Events experience.
• 1-2 years experience with a donor/grant/prospect management system.
• Experience with donor databases.
Skills, Characteristics, and Values:
• Passionate about and enjoys fundraising.
• Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Function efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to generate respect and trust from colleagues and external stakeholders.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and the ability to translate complex organizational data into clear and simple messages for a wide range of audiences.
• Professional appearance and communication style, including ability to present to and interact with donors at all levels.
• Highest level of integrity, confidentiality and business ethics.
• Proficiency with Google office tools such as Google Drive, G-Chat, and Google Calendar/Email, Microsoft Office software especially Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, and with a contact management software program. Proficiency with Microsoft Publisher, Adobe tools and other software a plus.
• Likes teamwork, but can work independently day-to-day
• Can plan and manage complex projects under relentless deadlines
• Is low-ego and high-output (like the rest of our team)
• Likes working hard with a hard-working team
• Knows how to laugh and have fun (we like to work with people who take their work seriously but don’t take themselves too seriously)
Location: Denver, Colorado with regular travel across the state for fundraising events.
Special Job Requirements: Expect flexible work hours, including some weekend and evening hours. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this assignment. Staff regularly walk, bend, stoop, climb stairs, and lift up to 35 pounds. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required. We welcome diversity and can adjust position requirements to match the needs of applicants when necessary. Offices and buildings are totally smoke-free. Conservation Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Compensation and Benefits: This is a full-time, exempt position. Compensation is based on experience, plus excellent health/dental benefits, retirement with match, Paid Time Off program and sabbatical program.
Application Process: Email a resume, 1-2 writing sample(s) that showcase(s) fundraising experience, 3 references, and a cover letter (with the subject line “Development Coordinator”) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. The Development Coordinator would be expected to start as soon as possible after selection. Application deadline: Thursday, November 14th.
See the job listed on our website: http://conservationco.org/contact/jobs-and-internships/.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.