Organization: National Cannabis Industry AssociationTitle: Development Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(6)
The National Cannabis Industry Association seeks a dynamic and flexible self-starter to excel as Development Director in a fast-paced, lean, and rapidly-growing nonprofit organization.
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to develop and execute a membership recruitment and fundraising strategy for a nonprofit business association. Excellent communication and management skills are a must.
Five years experience in nonprofit fundraising, association member recruitment, or sales is required. Cannabis industry experience preferred. The Development Director will lead NCIA’s development team and coordinate with other staff to support NCIA’s membership and fundraising goals.
The Development Director is responsible for:
- Developing and executing a robust organizational development strategy and mentoring and managing the small development team tasked with carrying out that strategy;
- Establishing and maintaining a system for tracking association membership sales leads;
- Researching potential member-businesses and closing membership sales with business owners;
- Leading a national member recruitment campaign, including meeting directly with prospective member businesses, researching prospects, and generally running the behind-the-scenes logistics of fundraising and membership;
- Developing and executing NCIA’s direct mail and online marketing strategy;
- Attending events on behalf of the association and networking with members and potential members;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with NCIA members and prospective members, with an emphasis on those with high giving potential; and
- Handling additional tasks, as needed and dependent on the candidate’s skill set, related to NCIA’s events, organizational management, and membership recruitment efforts.
The Development Director reports to NCIA’s Executive Director and will work from NCIA’s Denver headquarters. Relatively frequent travel throughout the U.S. is required.
Salary & Benefits
Salary starts at $60,000 to $70,000 annually. As a regular, full-time employee, the Development Director is eligible to participate in NCIA’s benefit plans which include full health, dental, and life insurance coverage, an employer-matched retirement plan, and a generous PTO policy.
The National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA) is the largest cannabis trade association in the U.S. and the only organization representing state-legal marijuana businesses at the national level. NCIA promotes the growth of a responsible and legitimate cannabis industry and works toward a favorable social, economic, and legal environment for that industry in the United States. More information is available at http://thecannabisindustry.org.
E-mail a one-page cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
In your cover letter, please specify how you learned about the job opening, your stance on marijuana law and the industry’s role in reform, and why you think you would be a excellent fit for the position sought. Feel free to include any other information you deem relevant, as long as your cover letter is limited to one page.
Your cover letter and resume must be sent as one single PDF document that includes your first initial and last name in the file name.
When your application is received, you should receive an automatic email confirmation. Do not call NCIA’s office to follow up. If we are interested in more information or an interview, we will contact you within about a week.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.