Organization: Global Education FundTitle: Development Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Global Education Fund improves the lives of children living in poverty around the world through education, focusing today in Kenya, India and Guatemala. We do this through supporting locally-based innovative leaders and their organizations. Our partner grantees are engaged in testing and refining approaches and strategies within schools as well as in communities and with families that will lead to culturally relevant and transformative education for girls and boys, especially those most marginalized from the learning process. Our aim is that these girls and boys will lead productive lives and become changemakers in their own communities.
The GEF team is small and we seek to draw out the best in each other’s skills, experiences and competencies so that the necessary financial, technical and other supports we have committed get to our partner grantees on the ground with efficiency, quality and care.
The Development Director (DD) job is a key position for Global Education Fund. Working directly with the Executive Director as well as with GEF staff and Board members, the DD will lead the organization’s fundraising efforts, focusing mainly on individual donor retention and conversion strategies, as well as donor acquisition from individual and corporate donors. The DD will also lead/assist in organizing fundraising events.
· 3 or more years of professional experience fundraising and donor management
· Bachelor’s degree/equivalent or higher
· Fundraising track record and knowledge of fundraising practices, principles, and processes
· Creative, flexible and engaged team player
· Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
· Organized, analytical skills with a high attention to detail
· Takes initiative and can work independently
· Proficiency using donor database software such as eTapestry or others
· Experience in working with a board of directors preferred
· Track record related to managing relationships with vendors, contract staff and/or volunteers preferred
Interested candidates should submit a curriculum vitae and letter of interest to Kathy Bartlett, Executive Director by June 3rd, 2015 using the following email: email@example.com
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.