Organization: Bicycle ColoradoTitle: Development Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Bicycle Colorado is a statewide 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to building a more bicycle-friendly Colorado. Bicycle Colorado is a membership organization that serves the needs of bicyclists across the state by advocating for better bicycling infrastructure and lobbying for legislation that enhances bicycling safety and enjoyment. Working cooperatively with governmental agencies, and having the support of many Colorado businesses and major health care organizations, Bicycle Colorado is recognized as one of the nation’s most prominent organizations of its kind.
Bicycle Colorado is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year! Current programs include policy development, trail network support and bicycle education. Improving access, health and safety for people biking and walking are central to every program.
Bicycle Colorado’s offices are located in vibrant downtown Denver near bike paths, light rail lines and Union Station. Indoor bicycle parking is provided.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the selected candidate will be responsible for building a diverse, sustainable revenue stream to better enable Bicycle Colorado achieve its strategic objectives. The Development Director will be responsible for developing and keeping the development plan focused and relevant, as well as executing on the plan. S/he will be responsible for identifying opportunities and cultivating and nurturing relationships with individuals, businesses and foundations to diversify and increase the contribution base. This includes grants, sponsorships, corporate investments, major gifts, planned giving, individual donations and in-kind resources.
Some evening and weekend work is required to meet the position responsibilities.
· Update and lead the organization’s fundraising plan.
· Create and manage the fundraising budget.
· Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that goals are being achieved.
· Research and identify opportunities.
· Cultivate, inspire and competently steward individual, foundation and corporate relationships.
· Collaborate with the Executive Director and Colorado’s Bike Czar to promote Bicycle Colorado to potential major funders and supporters.
· Collaborate with the Deputy Director on the fundraising aspects at special events.
· Develop a major individual donor program, including cultivation and fundraising events.
· Oversee the writing of grants, proposals and appeals.
· Review grant applications and supervise the grant application process.
· Manage fundraising messaging and content development, ensuring that they are consistent and impactful.
· Business travel of up to 20% (sometimes overnight) is anticipated.
· At least five years of proven, effective non-profit development experience.
· Proven success in strategizing and growing a comprehensive fundraising program.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
· Experience successfully completing projects with minimal oversight.
· Attention to detail with strong time-management and organizational skills.
· Experience with fundraising databases and other fundraising software.
· The successful candidate will be a self-directed, energetic personality who is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
· Established network of contacts desired.
· Experience and contacts in the active outdoor recreation industry and Colorado bicycling community is a plus.
· Experience with membership organizations and managing events.
· Background with producing marketing communication materials.
· Highly professional.
· Easily likeable and engaging.
· Exceptionally organized with high level of attention to detail.
· Perceptive, smart, and creative in business.
· Skillful, persuasive presenter with public speaking experience.
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
· Collaborative and cooperative by nature.
· Ability to manage a heavy workload.
· Ability to travel up to 20%, sometimes overnight.
· Enthusiasm for bicycling is a must.
A base salary commensurate with experience will be awarded the successful candidate. Health insurance, vision, dental, major holidays, vacation, transit benefit and retirement plan match are included in the compensation package.
This is a national search, and the position is located in Denver, Colorado. Relocation assistance is available.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates please email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please use this opportunity to display your writing communication skills.
T. Malouf & Company is a retained executive search firm specializing in the areas of outdoor recreation and active transportation.
Effective until position is filled.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.