Organization: Boulder County CareConnectTitle: Development Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
The Development Director of Boulder County CareConnect is a full time position that reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for all fundraising activities of Boulder County CareConnect. The Development Director is responsible for grants management, individual and corporate relationships, planned giving, special events and board fundraising efforts.
About Boulder County CareConnect
Formed in 1972 as RSVP of Boulder County, Boulder County CareConnect has been a critical service provider to seniors and adults with disabilities in our community. Our mission is to promote the security, comfort, and independence of seniors and adults with disabilities. We offer a variety of programs and services including fall prevention, home repair, yard maintenance, grocery delivery and transportation. Please visit www.careconnectbc.org to learn more.
a. Create and implement annual development plan and strategies, focusing on all areas – local government, individual, corporate, special event, federal grant and foundation support.
b. Increase capacity through innovative and successful management of major gifts, planned giving, grants, sponsorships, direct mail and special events.
- Develop and manage board fundraising strategy. Facilitate fundraising committee meetings, build volunteer guild to assist with special events and development efforts.
- Train and cultivate staff, board members, volunteers and interns as development ambassadors.
- Supervise donation collection and monitoring, acknowledgement process, manage tracking systems, and perform database analysis for the development of strategic goals.
- Compose grant proposals and reports to local government, corporate and foundation funders; manage grants calendar.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation sponsors and individual donors.
- Represent Boulder County CareConnect at events and give special presentations to community members.
- Supervise development staff and interns.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Executive Director
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years’ experience directing successful fundraising efforts for a nonprofit organization. Fundraising experience with health and human services a plus.
- Proven track record in achieving annual revenue including major gifts, corporate sponsorships and grants (generated revenue $750,000+ preferred). Success with social media, planned giving and individual donor development.
- Ability to prospect, cultivate and manage donor relationships.
- Strong partnership building experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly, persuasively and accurately.
- Proficiency with Neon, Donor Perfect and/or other donor databases.
- High-energy, analytical, organized, flexible, meticulous with a high degree of initiative.
- Past success working with a board of directors and the ability to coach other fundraisers.
- Strong marketing, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and culture.
Essential functions/working conditions
Light physical demands
· Must be able to work under stress of meeting deadlines and changing priorities
· Able to manipulate normal business machines and technology. For example; able to operate computer and computer systems, office copiers, fax, remote access, phones
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, and SIMPLE IRA.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please type “Development Director” in the subject line.
Boulder County CareConnect’s Anti-Discrimination Statement
“Boulder County CareConnect shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, gender identification or expression, or military status in any of its activities of operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers, and selection of vendors and provision of services.”
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.