Organization: TellAsia MinistriesTitle: Development Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
The Development Director is expected to generate new and increased funding for the activities of TellAsia Ministries. The person in this role must have prior experience and success in leadership of fund raising and/or marketing and must be confident that his/her skills and experience combined with TellAsia’s 18 year track record of highly fruitful service will result in increased income. He/she also must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to complete projects and meet deadlines while receiving minimal supervision. The Development Director works closely with the Executive Director and Executive Administrator. All duties for this position are carried out in the USA.
TellAsia’s USA operations are in a season of transition as the organization evolves from an informal entrepreneurial model to a larger, more stable organizational culture. The Development Director must be comfortable working in a highly flexible, fluid environment yet also have the vision and talent to spearhead the marketing initiatives, systems, structures and opportunities that will take TellAsia Ministries to the next level. See overview of TellAsia Ministries at the bottom of this document.
- In collaboration with Executive Director and Board of Directors, develop and execute TellAsia Ministries’ annual fundraising plan.
- Identify corporate, foundation, church and individual prospects then carry out initial contact, cultivation of relationship and follow up.
- Initiate and carry out web, email, and social media fundraising efforts.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Work with graphic designer and printer to ensure top-quality Media Kit for fundraising.
- Coordinate fundraising campaigns throughout the year.
- Write Press Releases and pursue other promotional strategies, ideas or options.
- Organize and host fundraising and donor appreciation events assisted by other staff.
- Starting with existing foundation database, conduct grant research and identify new potential foundation funding.
- Starting with existing letters of inquiry and proposals, draft or refine and improve letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and other documents to solicit funding.
- Assemble required components of grant proposals and coordinate the grant submission process.
- Follow-up and cultivate TellAsia’s relationship with these new funding agencies.
- Utilize the organization’s Salesforce database to record and monitor your personal interactions with prospects (software training will be provided)
- In collaboration with Executive Administrator, recruit and manage volunteers as needed.
- Twice annually produce report for the Board and core staff on fundraising goals and progress.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five years prior experience in development or fundraising within the public, private, or nonprofit sector.
- Explicit understanding of the fundraising process including annual fund, major gifts, foundation grants, and campaigns.
- Advanced word processing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal communication, public relations, and telephone skills.
- Advanced writing and editing skills.
- Able to upload content and engage with others through social media including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment supporting executive leaders.
- Ability to multi-task and manage the completion of multiple projects, often with shifting priorities, while working under direct supervision or independently.
- Ability to handle confidential donor/partner information with sensitivity and integrity.
- Experience with nonprofit, Christian missions, and/or global development a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, nonprofit management, public administration, or related field.
- Education requirement may be waived if candidate meets all of the other requirements listed above.
TellAsia Ministries is Christian charitable organization which embraces an evangelical Christian framework. It is the policy of TellAsia Ministries to only hire staff who affirm a Biblical worldview and are in agreement with the vision, mission, goals, policies, and statement of faith of TellAsia Ministries.
TellAsia Ministries endeavors to see God’s Kingdom of spiritual and physical wholeness established in the least evangelized and most needy areas of the world through Christian discipleship, church planting, education, and rescue of at-risk children. Since our founder Leanna Cinquanta abandoned all and embarked for northern India in 1996 with a one-way ticket, the Lord has used TellAsia’s radical strategies and bold initiatives to reap the following impact:
- 600,000 souls saved in 6 years in a region termed “the graveyard of Christianity.”
- 18,000 churches planted despite constant persecution
- 20,000 Christian leaders trained and sent out as self-supporting Gospel workers
- Over 40,000 needy children educated and prevented from being trafficked or enslaved
- Hundreds of families lifted out of poverty through micro-business and vocational training
This is an exciting time in TellAsia as our growing team pursues the following God-sized visions:
1. 2020 Network: A united cross-denominational initiative to see the Christian community in the Ganges River area of north India – population 200 Million – grow from 1% to 20% by the year 2020.
2. Blue Haven Village: Establish a replicable model for high-quality fully self-supporting children’s homes resulting in the rescue, nurture and education of hundreds and eventually thousands of the most at-risk children with no further need to raise operational support.
3. Transformation Center: Establish a vocational training institute that generates income to support the Bible and skills training of pastors.
4. Bright Hope Initiative: Launch a three-fronted assault on trafficking of minor girls resulting in this human travesty being reduced by 90% along the northern border of India/Nepal.
Send letter of interest and resume via email to email@example.com
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.