Organization: Regis UniversityTitle: Director of Annual Support Programs
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Subcategory: Development, Programs/Services
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Located in Denver, Regis University is the premiere Jesuit, Catholic institution in the 13-state Rocky Mountain Region. The University is implementing “Regis Rising” a bold strategic plan for the future, and a comprehensive fundraising campaign is in the initial stages. Regis is an integral part of Denver and the surrounding region and proudly serves more than 68,000 alumni across the globe. The Annual Support Programs Director manages the annual giving strategies for Regis University. This includes the implementation of collaborative fundraising strategies for central and unit annual giving and ensures that Regis develops a pipeline of major gift prospects. As part of the Major Gift/Annual Support/URS Team, the Director works closely with University Advancement departments – UA Services, Alumni Engagement/Communications as well as colleges, Athletics and other units. The primary audiences for annual support appeals are alumni, parents, donors, friends, faculty and staff.
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyzes and implements a comprehensive annual giving strategy and calendar for phases of annual giving including mail, phone, email, social media and other appropriate channels.
• Analyzes and implements long-term strategies for building a case for support through various university communications opportunities.
• Oversees mail, phone and email appeals for Regis University. Reports monthly on program activities. Evaluates program success by mining the development database and analyzing appeal results. Performs comprehensive analyses related to all aspects of the annual support program. Use data to evaluate current programs and make recommendations for program changes.
• May manage a small prospect portfolio.
• Works closely with vendors to implement and manage annual mail/telemarketing campaigns and purchased services/programs.
• Conducts on-going market research to identify and implement the appropriate approach to marketing annual support programs and Regis giving opportunities.
• Manages (supervise, evaluate and mentor assigned staff – assistant director and administrative assistant). Develops measureable metrics of performance.
• Tracks and participates in discussions via listservs, professional groups, etc. to keep current with trends and best practices in annual giving and development.
• Identifies an appropriate set of peer institutions for benchmarking. Use this group to benchmark progress throughout the fundraising year.
• Works in partnership with the AVP, University Advancement to plan and oversee ASP budget.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of three years in fundraising (direct mail, phone, social media) or four years related experience in business, marketing and/or sales
- Database management, analysis and reporting experience
- Staff management experience
- Demonstrated successful project management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of annual giving/fundraising best practices
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the role of a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic University
- Masters degree preferred
- Minimum of two years writing and publications development for advancement, fundraising/annual giving
- Comprehensive or capital fundraising campaign experience
- Experience working in a non-profit organization or university setting
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Regis also offers a comprehensive benefits package and educational tuition benefits.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.