Organization: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space MuseumTitle: Director of Development
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Subcategory: Development, Programs/Services
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Job Title: Director of Development
Manager: Job holder reports to the Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt Full Time with Benefits
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum is seeking an integral member of our leadership team to be responsible for achieving annual fundraising goals for a $1million campaign through retention of current donors and acquisition of new donors.
- Work with the COO and Advancement Committee to identify, establish, maintain, grow and nurture relationships with current and prospective individual and corporate donors and sponsors
- Build a giving campaign with parents of the Wings Aerospace Academy students
- Solicit support for all operational programs of Wings Over the Rockies
- Assist with other special event planning and execution to maximize sponsorships
- Manage donor giving levels and execution of related donor benefits
- Report development and stewardship progress to the Advancement Committee and Board of Directors
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus work experience in related field
- Strong interest in education, museum and/or aerospace
- Four plus years fundraising experience, including demonstrated experience with face-to-face solicitation (specifically corporate solicitation), special events, cultivation practices and donor stewardship. Sales experience a plus.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Proficiency with computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite and donor databases (Altru a plus)
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required. Minimal travel.
Working Conditions: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum operates in a 70 plus year old hangar. Environmental conditions may vary.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line Development Director. Employment will be contingent upon the passing of a background check.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.