Organization: Epilepsy Foundation of ColoradoTitle: Director of Development
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
The Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado is a non-profit 501(c)3 providing direct services to people impacted by epilepsy, including children, adults and families. We are an extension beyond the medical office to help people understand and overcome the day-to day challenges of living with this chronic condition.
The Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado is seeking a Development Director with a strong track record in non-profit fund raising. A minimum of eight years of experience in a managerial development role is required. The right individual will demonstrate longevity at their place(s) of employment with specific accomplishments reflecting broadened mission impact through the recruitment of new donors, major donors and corporate/community partnerships.
Currently the Foundation raises over $825,000 annually. The Foundation holds a strong position in special event fund raising and engages in a clothing collection business as the main sources of revenue. Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, the primary responsibilities for this key senior management position will be to grow existing special events while creating and implementing a comprehensive development program with emphasis on individual giving.
- Create and implement an annual development plan and strategy with emphasis on individual donor development
- Manage the organization’s overall development efforts to increase net fund raising by 20% within the next 3 years.
- Implement and oversee “best practices” within each discipline of development
- Nurture donor relationships through the coordination of meaningful meetings and interactions with key board members, staff and other networks within the Foundation.
- Seek private sector grants
- Engage and manage special event committees and oversee the implementation of special events
- Identify and secure corporate donations for special events and program activities
- Work closely with the Executive Director to support the board of directors’ fund raising capacity goals
- Enthusiastically support a team that often requires shared responsibilities to accomplish major tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field; Masters in Non-profit administration a plus.
- 8 years of experience in a management capacity for development activities in a non-profit is required
- Proven track record developing and implementing an individual donor plan that results in increased individual giving and an expanded donor base
- An ability to identify and secure major individual gifts of $10,000 and more
- A strong understanding and ability to implement a premier program of year-round stewardship for donor recognition and appreciation
- Experience working directly with senior level executives in the corporate and private
- Identify private sector grant opportunities and oversee grant writing and reporting
- Ability to identify appropriate high level volunteers to strengthen fund raising
- Strong event planning skills and the ability to organize and oversee special events
- Management and oversight of e-tapestry
- Strong team ethics and appreciation of a professional, compassionate team environment
Send a cover letter with a description of your career highlights and your personal business philosophy as it relates to building a fund raising program for a deserving non-profit. Attach your resume. Send this information to email@example.com. All applicant information is confidential. Resumes will be accepted through September 10.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.