Organization: Kids First Health CareTitle: Director of Development & Communications
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Kids First Health Care is currently seeking a full-time Director of Development & Communications to join our team. Kids First is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in Commerce City dedicated to improving the health and well-being of infants, children and youth. Since 1978, the agency has fulfilled this mission by providing high-quality, affordable health care services to the children and youth. Health centers are located where access to care is limited for a large number of children either because of low-income status, lack of health insurance, and geographic isolation. Programs are designed to promote healthy choices, prevent disease, intervene early when problems arise, and provide integrated services and continuity of care.
Overall Statement of Responsibility:
The Director of Development & Communications is responsible for managing the fundraising and communications efforts of Kids First Health Care in order to meet annual revenue and long-term development goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Creates and manages an annual development plan to meet objectives consistent with organization’s strategic plan
· Evaluates effectiveness of all fundraising initiatives
· Directs, administers, and coordinates all activities related to grants management, including conducting and providing oversight of research, preparation, submission, and reporting of corporate, foundation, and government grant funding
· Develops and implements a corporate giving program
· Assists in planning and implementing an annual fundraising Roast
· Creates and implements direct mail appeals as appropriate
· Assists Executive Director in building donor relationships
· Manage marketing and public relations efforts including developing and distributing press releases; quarterly e-newsletters; annual reports; and website content
· Maintains donor database.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Proven history of success and minimum three years’ experience in nonprofit development
· Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
· Excellent organizational, analytical, written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to be self-directed and detail-oriented
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Knowledge of fund development tools and strategies
· Clear criminal record check
· Personal vehicle required.
· Experience with DonorPerfect Online
· Experience in a health care organization
Kids First Health Care expects all employees, regardless of position within the agency, to demonstrate competence in the following areas.
· Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
· Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
· Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
· Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
· Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
· Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, navigate stairs and occasionally lift and/or move supplies in order to successfully perform the functions of this position.
The Director of Development & Communications will work full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am–4:30 pm with a one-hour lunch. On occasion, the Director of Development & Communications may be required to work outside of regular work hours, such as assisting with a fundraising event.
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full-time, salaried, exempt
· Salary is commensurate with experience
· Benefits include health, dental, vision, life & disability; 403(b) retirement plan; vacation, sick, andpersonal leave; and 11 paid holidays.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and professional writing sample (preferably a grant application) to Amber Picinic, Associate Director, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. NO PHONE CALLS.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.