Organization: Griffith Centers for Children / Chins UpTitle: Director of Finance
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of eight to ten years’ experience in financial management with increasing responsibilities to include multifaceted direction and planning.ï¿½ Experience with non-profit financial operations preferred.ï¿½ Minimum Education Requirement:ï¿½ Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, accounting, finance or a related field.ï¿½ Preferred Education: Master’s Degree.ï¿½ Professional Designation: Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant designation is an asset. Sage Accounting software experience desired.
1. Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of subordinates is consistent with the standards and aligns and values of the organization.
2. Build Relationships:ï¿½ Establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
3. Communicate Effectively:ï¿½ Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
4. Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
5. Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
6. Lead: Positively influence others to achieve business results that are in the best interest of the organization.
7. Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
8. Organize:ï¿½ Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
9. Plan:ï¿½ Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
10. Solve Problems:ï¿½ Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
1. Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
2. Participate in the development of the company’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
3. Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
4. Develop credibility by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, Board of Directors and other directors.
5. Establish credibility in the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of business solutions.
6. Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.ï¿½ Continuously improve the budgeting process through education on financial issues impacting department budgets.
7. Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization.
8. Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
9. Evaluate the finance structure and plan for continual improvement of efficiency and effectiveness.ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½
1. Directs the preparation of all financial reports, including statements of activities, statement of financial position, reports to Boards of Directors, tax returns, and reports for government regulatory agencies.
2. Oversees accounting and information systems departments, and budget preparation and audit functions.ï¿½ Meets regularly with corporate directors to keep informed and to offer direction.
3. Reviews reports and analyzes projections of margin and loss against actual figures, budgeted expenses and again final totals and suggest methods of improving planning process as appropriate.
4. Confers with leadership to coordinate and prioritize planning.
5. Studies long-range economic trends and projects company prospects for future growth in overall services and market share, opportunities for acquisitions or expansion into new services lines. Estimate requirements for capital, land, buildings, and an increase in the work force.
6. Supervises investment of funds, works with banks and /or investment bankers to raise additional capital as required for expansion.
7. Safeguard Griffith Center assets including acquisition, disposal, recording and insuring against risk.
8. Reviews all contractual obligations.
9. Has knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
10. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
11. Knowledge of state government regulations pertaining to foster care and Social Security.
12. Knowledge of 501(c)(3) non-profit accounting procedures.
13. Knowledge of reimbursement methodology.
14. Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems to supply the most accurate financial information.
15. High level organizational and management skills.
16. Leadership in supervising and training staff in a positive manner.
17. Skill in creating organized records systems to complete required reports and meet management objectives.
18. Skill in prioritizing multiple tasks.
19. Skill in team management.
20. Oral and written communication skills.
21. Ability to effectively recommend financial systems and policies.ï¿½
22. Ability to communicate effectively with non-financial staff.
23. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
24. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
25. Supervises and oversees Accounts Payable and Receivable Department operations.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.ï¿½
This is largely a sedentary role; however requires ability to climb up and down stairs.ï¿½ Some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.ï¿½
Travel:ï¿½ This position requires periodic travel (10%)
Email resume and salary requirements to Larry Welch (Director of Human Resources): firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.