Organization: Pueblo Community College FoundationTitle: Director of Finance
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
This position specifically exists to manage the financial affairs of the Pueblo Community College Foundation. The Finance Manager of the PCC Foundation reports directly to the Executive Director of the Foundation. The position is responsible for the accounting and financial operation of this educational foundation.
Essential Functions The Finance Manager is responsible for the following financial aspects of the Foundation:
- Reconciling income/expenses within the Foundation and within the College’s Banner System.
- Responsible for reviewing all purchase orders for approval/denial
- Responsible for monthly internal audits, preparing journal entries, monthly reporting and preparation of financial statements including but not limited to the PCC Foundation and all departments encompassed within the Foundation’s fiscal agency, the LLC and the Investment activity.
- Responsible for financial analysis and overseeing the reconciliations for all special and fundraising activities including capital campaigns.
- Assists with the coordination of investment activities including but not limited to the renewal of certificates of deposit, transferring of funds, stock donations, sale and purchase of investments and sitting as a non-voting member on the Investment Committee.
- Responsible for the coordination and maintenance of financial records as they pertain to the Foundation’s Scholarship program with Fiscal Operations Office.
- Responsible for distribution of scholarship funds, overseeing the process for emergency fund requests and loan documentation associated with the emergency program and processing the grant/loan requests in a timely fashion.
- Responsible to oversee the Foundation’s property management in coordination with an independent contractor / property manager including but not limited to reviewing work orders, garnering approval / denial from the Foundation’s LLC committee in consideration of major projects and coordinating the financial reporting of all property income and expenses.
- Responsible for analysis of all accounts for the Foundation’s LLC Corporation including but not limited to monthly rent rolls and financial analysis
- Responsible to assist in annual budget preparation.
- Responsible for interfacing with College’s grant writer and acquiring all financial documents and/or tabulations as needed for grant applications and follow-up reports.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate audit controls and reporting structure necessary with the Foundation. Assisting in the preparation of yearly work papers necessary to conduct the Foundation’s annual audit.
- Responsible for following the applicable IRS laws and reporting including but not limited to assisting with tax preparation, Enterprise Zone reporting and the accepting and cataloging of any real property.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Accounting emphasis preferred
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience required
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Proficient in the use of nonprofit accounting systems and complete understanding of Financial Edge, QuickBooks and Excel required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to maintain motivation to produce quality materials within tight timeframes while managing several projects
- Requires a high energy level and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks within tight timeframes
- Possesses strong organizational and project-planning skills
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
The PCC Foundation offers a competitive salary and benefit package as it pertains to the nonprofit community of Southern Colorado. Compensation will be based on the applicant’s level of professional experience.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the attention of Martha Simmons (Martha.firstname.lastname@example.org)
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.