Organization: Colorado Consumer Health InitiativeTitle: Director of Finance and Operations
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Position Summary: Finance and Operations Director reports directly to the Executive Director and oversees the organization’s efforts to address issues of capacity and accountability as CCHI strives to build a strong foundation for mission achievement. Key areas of responsibility include: Financial Management and Compliance, Human Resource Management, Operations and Vendor Management, and Resource Development. The Director also supports the Executive Director as needed in areas of Governance, Evaluation, and Planning.
Overview of Responsibilities:
Specific Duties Include:
A. Financial Management and Compliance
- Manage accounts receivable accounts payable, cash management, monthly accounting close, supervision of external bookkeeping, accounting and auditing services.
- Provide timely and accurate monthly financials to the Executive Director, Audit and Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Schedule and facilitate regular meetings with Audit and Finance Committee.
- Prepare annual budget, forecasts and provide strategic plan support.
- Oversee insurance coverages and compliance (D&O, E&O, general liability, etc.)
- Manage annual state and federal filings.
- Support annual external audit.
- Work with executive director to ensure organizational compliance with laws and regulations regarding nonprofit corporate status, tax exemption, lobbying, personnel, foundations, charitable solicitations, and other concerns of nonprofit management.
B. Human Resource Management
- Manage relationship with payroll and benefits administration vendors including health and 401k.
- Manage payroll submission and benefit administration.
- Oversee updates to employee handbook.
- Establish processes for and ensure compliance with procedures for onboarding new staff and transitioning exiting staff.
C. Operations and Vendor Management
- Oversee vendor relationships for IT, communications and copier services.
- Evaluate opportunities for improvement, as needed.
- Oversee office lease and parking contracts and other internal office space needs.
- Manage fixed assets including computers and other equipment.
D. Resource Development
- Organizing and planning for grant development including budgets and reports for grant submissions.
- Management of fundraising systems and processes including event registrations and donations.
- Support earned income efforts.
- Support Executive Director in the execution of the fundraising and development strategy.
- 5-10 years experience in a nonprofit management role
- Thorough understanding of nonprofit financial accounting and planning
- Proven expertise with budgeting, financial management, and operations
- Understanding of human resource management
- Excellent management and people skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Understanding of organizational dynamics and development
- Interest and experience with nonprofit fundraising, including grantwriting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency including word processing, donor database, and accounting software
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience plus excellent health, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with employer contributed match.
Colorado Consumer Health Initiative is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Email cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is November 10, 2014.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.