Organization: Dairy Center for the ArtsTitle: Director of Finance
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
The Director of Finance is accountable for all financial functions associated with the management of The Dairy Center for the Arts, and also accountable for human resources operations.
Develop, manage, supervise, and communicate all aspects of the financial management of the Dairy Center for the Arts, engaging with and supporting the Executive Director, with reporting accountability to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
· Maintain a complete set of accounting books and records for all financial transactions
· Implement processes and procedures for all staff to assure compliance with all financial transaction requirements
· Assure the financial stability of The Dairy through accurate, timely management of all bank and savings accounts and payment of all financial obligations within the confines of those resources
· Assist staff in the preparation, analysis, and finalization of fiscal year annual budgets to be presented to and approved by the Board of Director
· Provide monthly financial reports to, and meet with, the Finance Committee
· Reconcile bank statements for all checking and savings accounts
· Configure and pay all monthly state, city sales taxes
· Configure and track payroll timesheets, payroll worksheet, and distribute checks to employees and/or manage the Payroll Service Provider
· Balance ticket sales with box office, configure and issue settlement checks to producers.
· Record and deposit donations and membership receipts
· Responsible for all accounts payable
· Work with Board Treasurer & Finance Committee to ensure financial accuracy
· Schedule annual audit and assist auditors as required to complete annual audit.
· Assist Executive Director and other staff in tracking and special reports of financial income and expenses
· Entry of General ledger items (i.e. payroll, accruals, etc).
· Prepare financial analyses as requested by the Executive Director and Finance Committee
· Prepare required financial reports to funders, government agencies and foundations.
· Responsible for integrity of internal controls.
Oversee the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
· Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
· Oversee recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counsel managers on candidate selection; conduct and analyze exit interviews; recommend changes.
· Work with department managers to schedule and oversee annual performance evaluations.
· Prepare pay budgets; monitor individual pay actions; recommend, plan, and implement pay structure revisions.
· Oversee maintenance of an up-to-date staff list and assure the staff listings on The Dairy website are also accurate and up to date.
· Maintain employee benefits program and inform employees of benefits; recommend benefit programs to management; direct the processing of benefit claims; obtain and evaluate benefit contracts; award benefit contracts; design and conduct educational programs on benefit options.
· Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; maintaining records.
· Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
· Maintain historical human resource records.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, public accounting experience (Big 4 experience is ideal), experience in non-profit financial management, familiarity with human resources oversight
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to Bill Obermeier at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.