Organization: Anchor Center for Blind ChildrenTitle: Director of Operations
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(4)
Love children, families and working in a collaborative environment? Enjoy knowing your work makes a difference? So do we. Amazing things happen here every day. You help make that possible.
Anchor Center for Blind Children is embarking on exciting times and our small team is growing fast. This is a great time to join our crew!
Reporting to the executive director (ED), the Director of Operations of Anchor Center will work closely with other Anchor Center leaders to drive the growth, productivity and quality of the organization. The Director of Operations will help guide the strategic planning process, oversee compliance with governing entities and partners, as well as lead the day-to-day operations for Anchor Center’s support staff and infrastructure, including IT and facilities.
- Planning: Refine Anchor Center’s strategic goals and help translate these goals into specific operational objectives and develop appropriate resource plans (e.g., staff, facilities, equipment and supplies) to achieve these objectives.
- Compliance: Define, implement, execute policies and procedures, and monitor execution of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all internal and external expectations to ensure the sustainability of Anchor Center. This includes expectations and requirements of Anchor Center’s families, referral partners, licensing and accrediting entities and more. The Director of Operations will work closely with program staff to ensure timely completion of all required documentation.
- Continuous Improvement: Define, monitor and report on the key performance indicators to assess how Anchor Center’s goals and objectives are being achieved and collaborate with Anchor Center leadership to adjust activities to achieve goals.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with leadership experience to grow and further develop a proven program that has already made significant impact within the visually impaired community.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services.
- Define, report and monitor operational metrics to assist leadership and Board members in decision making.
- Implement and continuously improve processes that support the delivery of services to Anchor Center’s children and families, donors and external partners.
- Support program leadership to ensure the appropriate completion of documentation and reporting for families, governing entities and external partners.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Anchor Center’s office and infrastructure to maintain a productive environment for the program and development teams (e.g., technology, facilities, purchasing, HR, more).
- Support internal staff training programs and retreats to expand the capacity of all staff.
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of Anchor Center’s operations through sound fiscal management.
- Develop and implement a compliance program to maintain positive relationships and eligibility with all governing entities (e.g., State of Colorado) and external partners (e.g., CCBs, school districts).
- Support and cultivate existing relationships to secure and expand referral opportunities and recurring revenue streams.
Strategic Plan Implementation:
- Identify opportunities for Anchor Center to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes with the ED and staff. Coach program directors as they implement the strategic plan and transition program operations.
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation.
The Director of Operations will be committed thoroughly to Anchor Center’s mission. All candidates should have proven success in leadership, coaching, and relationship management responsibilities. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience and a track record in strategic program management.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach a senior-level staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
- Experience in program budgeting and fiscal management.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Track record of effectively leading a direct service organization with the ability to leverage strengths across program areas; excellent project management skills.
- Past experience managing human resources function including personnel, compensation, and recruiting.
- Ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion for the nonprofit mission and children, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic leader to have an immediate positive impact and to further your career. Send your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be open until filled. No phone calls please.
Please put Director of Operations in the subject line.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.