Denver Children’s Home
|Title:||Family Support Specialist (Bilingual)|
|Location:||Denver Metro Area|
The Family Support Specialist supports the mission of Denver Children’s Home by providing a thorough needs assessment of each individual family to create a clear understanding of the family’s needs and to provide the family with education, support, advocacy and referrals to services or supports which will facilitate their ability to provide a safe, supportive and nurturing home to their child(ren).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provide a thorough Family Needs Assessments to all families connected with Denver Children’s Home, as well as, to families in the community who request support through the DCH Family Resource Center (FRC).
· Provide direct service, advocacy, referrals, and support in systems navigation for individuals and families currently working with DCH and families in the larger community that are connected to the Family Resource Center at DCH.
· Provide families and clients with resources and referrals appropriate to their needs and support families in accessing resources that are strength-based, culturally sensitive, and appropriate to support treatment goals.
· Develop and maintain an open line of communication with primary therapist to insure that all the Denver Children’s Home clients’ case management needs are met.
· Ensure timely, accurate, and professional documentation of all services provided in accordance with established agency procedures.
· Foster both internal and inter-agency collaboration and build professional relationships with client, families, therapists, caseworkers, other involved professionals, and community agencies serving families.
· Facilitate and lead psycho educational and practical support groups as assigned by Treatment Leader of Community-Based Programs.
· Support implementation of treatment plans in the homes of DCH families in conjunction with the family’s primary DCH therapist and support aftercare plans and discharge planning.
· Maintain, support, organize, and supervise volunteers and donations made to DCH’s Family Resource Center.
· Organize, promote, facilitate, and coordinate community events such as Back to School Drive, DCH’s Holiday Toy Give Away, and Community Partners Meetings. 11. Develop and maintain professional relationships with DCH’s community partners and act as a community liaison representing DCH and the Family Resource Center both via phone, in person, and at community events as assigned.
· Cover one week of on-call per month providing 24/7 as-needed crisis support to families via the DCH Intensive In-Home On Call Phone with the support of the Treatment Leader of Community-Based Programs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of relevant experience required.
· Minimum of at least one year of case management experience, or one year of direct care experience, preferably in community mental health setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
· Ability and willingness to work both as an integral part of a high-functioning and goal-oriented multidisciplinary team and to take initiative and work autonomously taking ownership of projects as assigned.
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends as assigned.
· Ability to pass a physical examination.
· Ability to pass background check with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
· Ability to pass background check with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
· Ability to gain clearance through the Colorado Central Registry of Child Abuse and neglect (TRAILS).
· Have or obtain First Aid and CPR certification.
· Have or obtain QMAP certification.
· Have or obtain certification in TCI.
· Be a Qualified Driver as defined by the DCH Automobile Insurance Policy and complete DCH Van Training to become transport eligible.
· Must have a car and adequate insurance coverage.
· Ability to transport clients and provide services in the home and community as required using own automobile (to be reimbursed per company policy).
· Bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.