Organization: CHILD ADVOCATES – DENVER CASATitle: Grant Writer
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
CASA is a volunteer-based, nonprofit organization that trains and supervises community volunteers to represent the best interests of our most vulnerable citizens – child victims of physical, sexual or emotional abuse and neglect.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
PURPOSE: To research, write and manage grants for Child Advocates – Denver CASA.
HOURS: 25-30 flexible hours that may be worked from home. Occasional meetings will be required at the Child Advocates – Denver CASA Office, which is located at: 1420 Ogden Street, Denver, CO 80218.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in English, Social Work, Business or relevant field) OR equivalent experience
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in grant writing or related position
- Extremely organized, enthusiastic, efficient, and able to work independently
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Self-starter who can manage multiple deadlines at once
- Awareness of Denver nonprofit community and major funders
- Knowledge of local, state and national common grant procedures
- Ability to drive in and around Denver County when necessary.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work evening and weekends as required
- Maintain accurate grants schedule and timeline of all grant applications and reports
- Keep accurate, ongoing budget of prospective and received funding opportunities.
- Write and submit grant applications, reports, and all necessary communication in a timely, professional manner representative of Child Advocates – Denver CASA to private foundations, corporations, and local, state and federal government programs, and others, as applicable.
- Maintain Grant Spreadsheet that outlines all current grant funding streams and criteria for each.
- Coordinate prospect research and outreach with Executive Director to secure new grant funding.
- Communicate grant awards and requirements with leadership team on an ongoing basis.
- Work with Executive Director and Program Director on data collection and evaluation methods for capturing program results.
- Attend appropriate networking or informational meetings and educational opportunities as needed.
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Brian Brinkerhoff, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.