Organization: The Salvation ArmyTitle: Grant Writer
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
THE SALVATION ARMY
INTER MOUNTAIN DIVISION
Divisional Grant Writer
General Statement: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church and the ultimate goal of all programs is spiritual regeneration of all people.
Reports to: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Full time, Non-Exempt
Scope of position:
Working under the direct supervision of the Director of Development, create a comprehensive and aggressive system of grant submissions throughout the entire Intermountain Division. Ensure that grant reports is strictly adhered to and reports are generated and completed in a timely manner.
Education and Work Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Understand and clearly communicates ability to support and promote the mission of The Salvation Army.
- 3 to 5 years grant writing experience
- Effective and concise writing skills, as well as effective/persuasive oral communication skills.
- Experience in administration, marketing, and customer service.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, be prepared to encounter a variety of assignments and timelines, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive materials and information.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Working knowledge of communication software including Lotus Notes.
- General understanding of database management.
- Proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher).
- Skills in mail merge, transcription, and typing essential.
- Research and identify funding opportunities from public and private foundations, corporate foundations and governmental agencies.
- Review all Government grant opportunities with the Director of Development to determine viability and who will be responsible for writing and reporting.
- Coordinate all grant submissions for the Division utilizing a decision tree
- Provide assistance to each unit writing and editing grants as needed
- Act as the primary grant writer for the Denver Metro area.
- Develop and maintain a divisional database/calendar for grant submissions and reports.
- Prepare grant contracts and agreements for CFC approval.
- Develop grant progress and final reports with the assistance of Finance.
- Ensure that reports are generated on a timely basis for all grants received throughout the division.
- Assist with Mile High United Way grant development and coordinate The Salvation Army’s participation in the holiday employee giving program and speakers bureau
- Provide coordination for the annual Combined Federal Campaign
- Develop professional/working relationships with grantors.
- Attend Foundation workshops.
- Attend professional grant writing and other fundraising workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
Christmas Essential Functions:
- Provide support for Development events.
- Assist the Development team by recruiting toy and food donation sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis. Ability to grasp, push, pull, and reach overhead. Ability to operate telephone. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, Ability to access and produce information from a computer, Ability to understand written information. Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
This position should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this position statement.
Send resume to John Covert, Divisional Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the subject line: Divisional Grant Writer Position
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.