Organization: Growing HomeTitle: Grant Writer
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Location: Denver Metro Area
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Position/Title: Grant Writer
Position Type: Full-Time, 40 Hours Week
Reports To: Development Director
Description or Purpose of the Assignment:
Growing Home guides children and their families on the path to a brighter future to break the destructive cycle of generational poverty. We help disadvantaged children close the achievement gap and reach success by third grade. We help parents keep their families stable, resilient, and healthy. And we give the whole family individualized wrap-around support to ensure they overcome the many challenges of poverty. Our dual-generation programs comprise a rich pipeline of services for families with children from before birth to age eight—the most effective way to ensure the long-term success of all children in our community.
We are seeking an experienced Grant Writer to manage all aspects of our current grant program, including: research, proposals, grant reporting, filing and accurate record-keeping, and securing new grants. Grant Writer will provide vital support in fulfilling Growing Home’s mission to help children and their families on the path to a brighter future, and become an integral member of Growing Home’s Development Team.
· Maintain accurate grants schedule and timeline of all grant applications and reports; Keep accurate, ongoing budget of prospective and received funding opportunities.
· Write and submit grant applications, reports, and all necessary communication in a timely, professional manner representative of Growing Home to private foundations, corporations, and local, state and federal government programs, and others, as applicable.
· Maintain accurate, up-to-date records, including paper filing and entering all grant information into agency database.
· Coordinate prospect research and outreach with Development Director to secure new grant funding
· Consult with leadership team to secure funding for gaps in current and prospective programming in line with organizational vision, and with current financial needs (in consultation with the Director of Operations and Finance and Development Director).
· Communicate grant awards and requirements with leadership team on an ongoing basis.
· Work with Program Director on data collection and evaluation methods for capturing program results.
· Attend appropriate networking or informational meetings and educational opportunities as needed.
· Oversee & process weekly mailing of agency Thank You letters to donors in partnership with volunteers and interns.
· Manage updates and data entry in database system regularly to ensure complete and accurate funder and donor information.
· Coordinate minor preparations involved in monthly tours, i.e. readying of brochures, handouts, or materials needed.
· Contribute to the functioning of a small, dynamic nonprofit by participating in staff meetings and retreats, and office management tasks as part of our day center/direct services team.
· Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Extremely organized, enthusiastic, efficient, and committed personality able to work independently
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Great attention to detail while also able to recognize larger picture in relation to program/ organizational directions and trends
- Self-started who can manage multiple deadlines at once
- Bachelor’s Degree (in English, Social Work, Business or relevant field) OR equivalent experience
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in grant writing or related position
- Ability to be flexible and work on a small, collegial office team
- Understanding of and commitment to competently working with diverse people and families
- Awareness of Denver nonprofit community and major funders
- Knowledge of local, state and national common grant procedures
- Familiarity with non-profit field, and funding complexities
- Sense of humor
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, manage diverse funding streams, and meet all deadlines.
Salary and Benefits:
Full-Time, starting March 2014
40 Hours Week; Hiring range $36,000-$38,000 DOE
Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
Optional 403(b) plan
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume to Maribeth Waldrep, Development Director via email: email@example.com or by fax 303-426-0560.
No phone calls please.
Growing Home is committed to an inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.