Organization: The Colorado Health FoundationTitle: Grants Manager-Data & Reporting
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Location: Denver Metro Area
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
The Colorado Health Foundation is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization devoted to improving health and health care in Colorado. With $2.2 billion in assets, the Colorado Health Foundation is the largest foundation in the state and the third largest health-focused foundation in the country. In 2012, we awarded nearly $85 million in grants and contributions to improve health and health care in Colorado. With the goal of making Colorado the healthiest state in the nation, we invest in communities throughout the state to encourage healthy living, increase the number of Coloradans with health insurance and promote access to quality, coordinated care.
The Foundation is seeking a Grants Manager focused on data and reporting to manage the grants database, generate grant data reports and support the Foundation’s grants management processes. The Grants Manager – Data and Reporting works closely with the Director of Grants Management, grants management staff, and the Information Technology department to ensure that the Foundation is collecting and storing data in a manner aligned with best practices. This position will also ensure optimal functionality and integrity of the grants database. This position is responsible for generating standard and ad hoc reports to provide information about the Foundation’s grantmaking activities in a manner that meets the needs of staff, stakeholders and grantees, and also provides support to external applicants and grantees as they use the Foundation’s on-line application and reporting tools. The Grants Manager – Data and Reporting plays a key role at the Foundation, working cross-functionally to reconcile information, identify data needs, synthesize reports and prepare information for analysis. The Grants Manager – Data and Reporting reports directly to the Director of Grants Management.
· Receive and filter requests for grant data and information and define reporting requirements
· Design and modify reporting templates and perform report writing as needed
· Generate standard and ad hoc reports and analyze grant data as needed
· Provide GIFTS end-user training and act as first point of contact for GIFTS users
· Support change management process to monitor, screen, analyze system requirements and coordinate changes to the grants database
· Work with the Information Technology department to add fields, code tables and make other enhancements to the grants database
· Work with the Director of Grants Management to support the Foundation’s dashboard tools as they relate to grants management activities
· Create and maintain database searches used by staff and for individual grant database portals
· Lead the implementation and maintenance of the Foundation’s on-line grant application and on-line reporting tools, in coordination with the Information Technology department, providing user support on these tools to both internal and external customers
· Ensure grant data integrity by facilitating regular data audit and clean-up activities and updating records in the database as needed
· Update and maintain grant data dictionary
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Computer Science or a related field
· Minimum 5 years experience working with a relational database (GIFTS experienced preferred)
· At least 3 years creating standard and ad hoc reports for a variety of audiences
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including the ability to use lookup and create/manage pivot tables
· Experience in grants management, including knowledge and understanding of best practices as they relate to foundations, and compliance experience preferred
· Experience in Crystal reports and report writing preferred
· Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational skills with the ability to quickly and effectively manage multiple tasks with short deadlines
· Solution-oriented and results-driven approach to work
· Project management and critical thinking skills
· System training experience preferred, including developing the materials, organizing the classes or meetings and presenting the content
· Great time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and handle several projects at one time
· Ability to foster an atmosphere of collegiality that encourages productivity while being conscientious, flexible and self-motivated
· Commitment to The Colorado Health Foundation’s vision, mission and values
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful contribution through her or his professional contributions. Interested candidates may submit their resumes and cover letters on the Colorado Health Foundation’s website (www.coloradohealth.org).
The Colorado Health Foundation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.