Organization: SERVE 6.8Title: Intake Specialist
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
|Job Title: Intake Specialist||Job Type: Administrative Support
/ Direct Service
|Department: Murphy Center for Hope||Posting Open Date: 7/1/2014|
|Posting Closure Date: 7/13/2014||Reports To: Program Director|
The Intake Specialist position is stationed at the front desk at the Murphy Center for Hope. This position creates a welcoming environment for all our guests while providing general administrative support to both the Murphy Center staff and staff of partnering agencies located at the center. In addition, this position assists new guests with paperwork and registering with the center, explaining processes, rules and guidelines of the center. This position is intended to transition to a Resource Specialist after the first year; Resource Specialists at the Murphy Center assist homeless and near homeless individuals and families with accessing the necessary resources in order to achieve stable housing.
Essential Job Functions
· Greet guests of the center and direct them to appropriate services
· Assist new guests to register with the center
· Coordinate with resource specialists regarding guests’ needs at intake
· Connect and coordinate services for guests
· Answer phone calls and direct callers to appropriate provider
· Data entry of new guest paperwork and service notes
· Create and update agency forms and logs
· Schedule offices and conference rooms for both internal and partner agency staff
· Sort and distribute guest and agency mail
· Complete opening and closing duties
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field or comparable experience
· Proficiency in MS Office software
· Minimum 2 years customer service experience
· Strong ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a semi-regular basis
· Experience working with difficult populations such as those who are homeless or have serious mental health and/or substance abuse disorders
· Thoroughness and attention to detail to ensure highest data quality and accuracy
· Spanish speaking strongly preferred
· Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment while remaining calm and handling multiple requests
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To Apply: send resume and cover letter to Barbara Jensen, Program Director, Murphy Center for Hope.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 970-221-1208
Due to the volume of applicants, we will not be able to answer your specific questions unless we contact you for an interview.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.