Organization: Jefferson Center for Mental HealthTitle: INTENSIVE CASE MANAGER, NURSING HOME/ FAMILY CARE
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Master’s Degree required, plus one to two years related experience. Licensure preferred. Colorado Driver’s License and Current Motor Vehicle Report Required. CAC II or III preferred, but not required. Bilingual helpful, but not required.
To provide community-based case management and therapy services for Jefferson Center for Mental Health consumers at Behavioral Nursing Facilities, Family Care Facilities, Alternative Care Facilities, and Jefferson Center for Mental Health Residential Facilities. To provide information, education, liaison, and transition services to various networks within JCMH and with federal, state, and community based agencies and resources.
- Provide case management services, including: service planning, monitoring, follow-up, linkage, and crisis management for consumers.
- Provide individual, group, and family therapy as indicated and identified in the treatment plan in the community, office, or consumer’s home.
- Work primarily in Nursing Home and Family Care homes (where consumers live as family members in non-relative’s homes).
- Monitoring of assigned caseload, assessment for safety/risk factors, and placement at higher level of care as needed.
- Develop and implement safety/behavioral plans to maintain consumers in the least restrictive setting possible.
- Collaboration with consumer, family, and support systems in identifying strengths and resources in order to achieve consumer’s recovery goals.
- Teach psycho-education and independent living skills, including developing resources for social, vocational, and leisure skills.
- Make appropriate referrals to, and acts as liaison with, community agencies, service providers, and natural support systems.
- Maintain communication and links with other JCMH programs e.g. Access, Inpatient, Outpatient, Older Adult, and Adolescent programs.
- Resource acquisition and assistance with application for benefits and entitlements in collaboration with Benefits/Navigation Team.
- Assist consumers with basic needs such as housing, food, clothing, medical and dental care, legal, vocational, and psychiatric services.
- Participate in team meetings, clinical staffing’s, and clinical consultation as scheduled.
- Participates in meetings, provides consultation and education, and acts as liaison with nursing homes and other community providers.
- Participate in Evidence Based Practices on the team and in the Center (i.e.: IDDT, DBT, CBT, psycho-education, etc.).
- Utilize clinical practice guidelines, Center and State Division of Mental Health standards for appropriate service delivery.
Other Duties (Professional Growth/Development/Community/Relationships & Productivity Performance Measures):
- Participate in supervision by coming prepare with an agenda, report high risk/problem cases, and utilize a problem solving approach/utilize feedback.
- Continually strives for self-improvement and is motivated to learn new skills to benefit consumer and Center.
- Attend mandatory in-services, compliance with clinical training plan as required.
- Use language and behavior to promote dignity/respect with consumers, Center staff, and external customers.
- Submit 90% of all Progress-to-Date notes within 3 working days.
- Complete 95% of all treatment plans, C-CARS, and case closing by due dates.
- Ensure that fee collections meet the team goal as determined by Network Director.
- Meet required number of consumer service hours as determined by Network Director.
- Maintain effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
- Effectively respond to consumer’s needs and problems, initiate and maintain positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, pages, email and others requests.
- Demonstrates cultural competency/awareness/skills in working with diverse caseload and utilizes Center resources/trainings as needed.
- Work cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY:Visit www.jcmh.org, click on careers tab.
Jefferson Center for Mental Health is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Jefferson Center is a tobacco free agency. Tobacco use is not permitted on our premises.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.