Organization: Warren Village, Inc.Title: Learning Center Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Warren Village has an immediate opening for a Learning Center Director. The Director is responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of one of the premier early developmental programs for children between the ages of 6 weeks to ten years old in Colorado. Warren Village’s Learning Center is nationally accredited and has adopted the latest curriculums and programs to enhance development of the whole child (cognitive, developmental, social/emotional). The Warren Village Learning Center is one component of a world-class program to help low-income single parent families to escape poverty and gain self-sufficiency. To that end, the Director is a member of the executive team.
He/She recruits, trains, supervises and provides professional developmental opportunities to staff qualified to deliver creative, nurturing services; establishes and maintains a clean, safe, nurturing environment that promotes exploration and learning; establishes and maintains a flexible consumer oriented program that is responsive to the changing needs of children, parents and the community; assists the Director of Finance to establish, implement and monitor the annual Learning Center operating budget; integrates the Learning Center programs into the array of services offered to families by Warren Village and models and ensures execution and analysis of outcome data to inform programs and processes most effective for child success.
- Develops and implements creative curricula in age appropriate programs and activities.
- Provides leadership in the development of a strong parent involvement program.
- Designs, implements and supervises parent/teacher conferences and activities on a regular basis, attending those which require the Director’s presence.
- Recruits, screens, and hires Learning Center staff.
- Supervises, schedules, and monitors Learning Center staff.
- Ensures compliance with all Personnel policies and procedures.
- Assures compliance with all government contracts, (i.e. State licensing, Child Care Reimbursements), regulations, statutes and with Warren Village policies and procedures.
- Participate in Executive Management Team meetings and activities.
- Assists the Director of Finance to develop and administer the annual Learning Center budget – ensuring appropriate resources for programs and staffing, while minimizing expenses and meeting budget goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field (Master’s Degree Preferred).
- Colorado Day Care Director’s Certification.
- Five (5) years experience with children and adults in preschool child development programs.
- Two (2) years experience as a learning center director.
- Current first aid certification.
- Evidence of continued professional development (study, workshops, professional contacts/network).
- Excellent management, organizational and leadership skills.
- Effective communication and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in designing, organizing and implementing a successful early childhood curriculum.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a full-time exempt position with an attractive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as flexible spending accounts, company paid Life and LTD insurance, and a matching 403(b) retirement plan. Salary is commensurate with experience. A signing bonus will be paid after 90 days of employment.
Potential candidates wishing to join this elite team should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Learning Center Director” in the subject line. All resumes must be received by end of day March 6, 2015.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.