Organization: Mountain States Employers CouncilTitle: Marketing Manager
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(6)
Mountain States Employers Council (MSEC), a premier business membership organization. MSEC is a non-profit company that partners with employers to create successful employer/employee relationships and highly values customer service. MSEC is looking for a Marketing Manager. The successful incumbent will work collaboratively with the marketing team, along with the membership development manager, the member retention manager, and the publication manager, along with others in the department, to bring on new members and help members realize the value and provide benefits of membership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in establishing strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Works closely with publication manager and web developer in the design and usability of the Web site.
- Provides post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing programs.
Helps manage marketing budget.
- Plans and oversees the organization’s advertising and promotion activities in all channels with specific attention to Web presence and outreach, developing and recommending online commerce strategy for the organization which will result in the greatest share of the market over the long run.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and share of market performance in relation to pre-set standards and to general and specific trends within the industry and the economy.
- Evaluates market reactions to advertising programs, service placement and formulation to ensure the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Assists in conducting marketing surveys and focus groups on current and new product concepts.
- Prepares online marketing activity reports.
- Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, website, and events.
- Negotiates contract terms with outside agencies and suppliers.
- Oversees PR and communication with outside PR agencies on ongoing campaigns.
- Manages development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs.
- Analyzes marketing programs and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness, including working with others to conduct market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Design software and Internet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
This job supervises two employees.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
This position offers a competitive total package including company pension, 401(k) match, health and dental insurance, paid time off and the opportunity to work with a great culture. If you meet our requirements and would like to be considered for this full-time position, please apply here for immediate consideration or e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Lorrie Ray, PO Box 539, Denver, CO 80201.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.