Organization: Walking Mountains Science CenterTitle: Marketing Manager
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Walking Mountains Science Center, seeks an experienced professional to lead our marketing & communications efforts. The Marketing Manger is a multi-faceted and pivotal position which supports all areas of programming and fundraising. The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, overseeing and implementing strategic marketing and communication initiatives and tactics that increase program participation and raise Walking Mountains visibility throughout Eagle County and beyond.
Established in 1998, Walking Mountains Science Center is quickly becoming one of the Rocky Mountain’s premier environmental learning organizations. This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone who wants to take a leadership role as Walking Mountains continues this journey. Serving over 35,000 youth and adults annually, our mission is to awaken a sense of wonder and inspire environmental stewardship and sustainability through natural science education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Publications & Collateral – Print & Electronic
- Produce publications and collateral including but not limited to the Annual Report, Youth and Community program brochures and fliers, fundraising communications, special event invitations, programs and fliers.
- Manage website content and images in order to develop Walking Mountains website as the primary tool for communication and program enrollment.
- Manage Walking Mountains use of social mediums to enhance overall awareness and communication with constituents.
- Create and distribute monthly e-news correspondence.
- Manage Hubspot marketing automation system.
- Manage image library and secure acquisition of new program and special event photos from staff, photographers and stock photography.
Advertising & Marketing – Program specific
- Place and produce program, fundraising and special event ads with local media outlets.
- Manage advertising agreements and establish new agreements based on opportunity and need.
- Manage, create and distribute marketing materials that support community and youth programs.
- Work closely with program staff to determine marketing needs.
- Work closely with program staff and President to build capacity for Youth Programs, Community Programs and Sustainability and Stewardship programming.
- Write and distribute press releases to support programming and special events.
- Work closely with Vice President of Development to implement overall fundraising plan.
- Coordinate and manage outreach opportunities and events such as Taste of Colorado, Wild West Days, the Eagle Home Show and other opportunities as they arise.
- Provide assistance as needed to support special fundraising events including but not limited to A Taste of Nature, Reach for the Peak, Fright at the Museum and EdVenture programs.
- Manage fiscal budget line items relevant to marketing, communication and printing operations. Build fiscal year budget for those line items based on budget vs. actual for previous year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in marketing and public relations or communications.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience working in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, WordPress Outlook, Word, Publisher, Excel, and Powerpoint,
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated experience managing and creating budgets.
- Superior interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Superior skills working with content management websites and relevant social media sites.
- Ability to work as an effective team player and maintain a positive attitude.
- Nonprofit background
- Graphic design experience
- Natural history, earth science, or education background
Other Skills & Abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize jobs
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Professional demeanor
For a complete job description and application details, please visit http://www.walkingmountains.org/employment by November 15th.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.