Organization: Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute – Boulder CO.Title: Marketing Manager
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area, Northeast
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Position reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Job Purpose Summary
Located in Boulder, Colorado the Marketing Manager manages design and production of planned marketing programs by performing the following duties personally.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops and executes strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and executes marketing programs to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share.
- Manages marketing budget.
- Plans and oversees execution of promotional activities including print, electronic media, trade show, direct mail, point-of-purchase displays, and signage.
- Negotiates contract terms with outside agencies and suppliers.
- Communicates with outside advertising agencies on ongoing campaigns.
- Manages development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs.
- Analyzes marketing programs and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
- Plans and conducts market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
- Maintains customer database and approves the use of internal and external mailing lists.
- Reviews analysis of marketing surveys on current and new product concepts in order to recommend future product development.
- Provides post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing programs.
- Plans, promotes, and executes sales meetings and community and goodwill events.
- Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Marketing; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies : Analytical – Collects and researches data; Designs work flows and procedures. Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Applies design principles. Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations. Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget. Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Monitors transition and evaluates results. Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust. Business Acumen – Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals. Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue ; Conserves organizational resources. Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values. Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities. Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention. Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans. Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments. Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity.
Full time, Salaried exempt
Salary range $38,000 to $45,000 (depending on experience)
General office working conditions
Respond To: Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations, email@example.com.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.