Organization: Conservation ColoradoTitle: Membership Intern
Location: Denver Metro Area
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Summer 2014 Internship Position
Position: Membership Intern
Location: Denver, Colorado
Deadline for submission: May 2, 2014
Term of Position: May 15 – August 15, 2014, starting and ending dates somewhat flexible.
Work Schedule: Average 15-20 hours/week, flexible schedule.
Conservation Colorado is a statewide nonprofit organization that has been working to protect Colorado’s natural heritage since 1965. We focus on ending the era of dirty fossil fuels and accelerating the transition to clean, renewable energy; solving the climate change crisis; preserving public lands, clean air and clean water for everyone; and empowering citizens to engage in the democratic process. We have a long and successful history in Colorado of collaborating on the key environmental issues of the day, working locally with diverse coalitions at the State Capitol, and establishing strategic partnerships to find success at the state and federal levels, including:
· Ensuring that more than three million acres of Colorado wilderness will stay forever wild.
· Setting a statewide renewable energy standard by citizens’ ballot measure, then increasing it to 30 percent in urban areas and 20 percent in rural communities, making it one of the strongest in the nation.
· Working to minimize impacts from oil and gas drilling on our land, air, water, and communities.
· Passing more than 130 different conservation bills at the state legislature in the past six years alone on a host of environmental issues ranging from water efficiency to air quality.
Overview of Internship:
Intern will be supporting Conservation Colorado’s Development Manager and Development Coordinator in tasks related to database management and donor tracking. This position will give the individual a chance to hone their donor management, database and operations skills. Conservation Colorado uses The Databankas our Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) database.
• Donation entry in The Databank
• Data cleanup
• Weekly donor acknowledgement
• Donor research
• Development of donor materials
• Other development-related tasks as needed
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong interest in protecting Colorado’s environment and quality of life, is outgoing and enthusiastic about working with people, and has a true desire to learn more about CRM databases, membership and nonprofit operations. Specific background requirements include:
- Strong analytical skills for data management
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Superior communication skills, both on the phone and in person
- Working knowledge of Google Apps is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
Intern will gain direct experience working with seasoned and knowledgeable fundraising professionals at one of Colorado’s leading conservation organizations. In addition, Conservation Colorado is located in one of Denver’s premier multi-tenant nonprofit centers, The Alliance Center, so opportunities for shared learning and dialog between nonprofits abound. Intern will have the opportunity to network at various political and environmental events throughout the course of the internship. No cash stipend or benefits are available; however, letters of recommendation will be available upon request. Opportunities for full-time employment at Conservation Colorado do occasionally occur and interns are eligible to apply.
Special Job Requirements and Physical Demands:
Flexible work hours; some evening and weekend hours may occur. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this assignment. Intern regularly walks, bends, stoops, climbs stairs, and lifts up to 35 pounds. Offices and buildings are totally smoke-free.
Please email the following to Maura Sullivan, Development Manager (Maura@conservationco.org):
· Cover letter
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions regarding the internship should be directed to Maura at 303-405-6705.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.