Organization: Denver ZooTitle: Membership Services Representative
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Location: Denver Metro Area
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
At Denver Zoo, our mission is to secure a better world for animals through human understanding. We are a respected leader in animal care and exhibition, conservation programs, scientific study, environmental education and public service.
This position advances the mission of Denver Zoo by providing outstanding donor interaction through multiple touch points (onsite, phone, and online contact). Additionally, the Representative will be required to continue or begin the relationship between donor and the zoo by communicating multiple support and engagement opportunities. This specific position will focus specifically on front of house engagement, and facilitating immediate entry into the zoo and any fulfillment of benefits associated with their interaction with the donor. Membership Services Representatives will be required to work holidays as part of their on-going work schedule. Representatives will also assist with External Relations events, as scheduled. Normal schedule will be Wednesday-Sunday.
· Provides high quality customer service to new and existing members by communicating benefits, unique problem solving, and additional opportunities to further engage with the zoo.
· Sells new memberships, encourages donor level upgrades and processes renewals, and handles member admissions as needed.
· It is imperative individual takes a proactive approach at all times to ensure all new and renewing donors are receiving fulfillment deliverables and best experience front and back of house.
· Handles cash and credit card transactions.
· Immediately fulfills membership benefits and facilitates entry in the front of house.
· Empowered to make challenging service decisions regarding benefits when working with donors.
· Proactively cultivating relationships through phone calls and email inquiries, and returning voice mail messages, within 24 hours.
· Responsible for data entry, quality checking, benefit fulfillment, and mailing program materials in timely fashion.
· Serves as a member of the Membership team in the External Relations department and assists with other tasks as required.
· Performs various tasks as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Supreme relationship building skills that can communicate the full range of support and engagement opportunities at Denver Zoo.
· An interest in working in the Development world.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Flexibility and ability to multi-task.
· Detail oriented.
· A respect for confidentiality.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Experience with Windows based applications including knowledge of database, Internet, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
· Data entry skills are a preferred.
· Raiser’s Edge experience a significant plus.
This is a regular full-time position with excellent benefits including complete medical/dental/vision coverage, 403(b) retirement plan and a generous vacation package.
Denver Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply through our website at www.denverzoo.org
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.