Organization: Jefferson Center for Mental HealthTitle: Navigation Administrative Assistant-Full time
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
High School Graduate or equivalent. Prior experience in Receptionist duties is desirable. Good customer service skills, along with a willingness to help other people. Pleasant personality and phone voice. Knowledge of the Jefferson County Area, the community and people. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Bilingual helpful, not required.
Answer Jefferson Center main switchboard and provide administrative assistance to the Navigation Programs. This position will also provide support for centralized scheduling functions and other administrative projects as assigned.
· Responsible for front end phone coverage including the main switchboard, Navigation and centralized scheduling functions.
· Provide administrative support to the Navigation Programs including providing information only related services to customers, updating resource information, data entry and outreach projects as assigned.
· Check in customers and sign/sort/track incoming deliveries, mail and incoming/outgoing messages via other technology (e-mail, text etc.).
· Maintain at least a 98% answer rate for calls coming into the Attendant Work Station within five rings.
· Documents all contacts according to Jefferson Center and Navigation Program standards while meeting productivity standards as identified by the Program Director.
· Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
· Maintains effective interpersonal relationships with consumers, peers, management, visitors and the general public.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize concerns, and effectively manage time independently.
· Attends trainings as required.
· Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Utilizes a problem solving approach as well as feedback. Attends supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor.
· Works cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY: Visit www.jcmh.org, click on careers tab.
Jefferson Center for Mental Health is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Jefferson Center is a tobacco free agency. Tobacco use is not permitted on our premises.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.