Organization: The Joshua SchoolTitle: Occupational Therapist
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
It is the duty of an Occupational Therapist at The Joshua School Denver to:
Collaborate with a student’s team members to address students’ needs and oversee progress of each student on caseload. Team members may include parents/family, Occupational Therapy Assistants (OTAs), Speech/Language Pathologists, Program Specialists, Lead Teachers and Instructional Assistants, and/or home care providers.
Coach team members in new strategies to help students build fundamental skills for achieving goals. Coaching involves supporting team members directly through:
- Formative observation.
- On-going feedback.
- Collaborative planning (i.e., goal development, teaching strategies).
- Opportunities for learning, self-reflection, and evaluation.
Follow the Occupational Therapy Process with fidelity:
- Conduct screenings and evaluations to assess a student’s occupational performance and areas for growth.
- Advise team members on appropriate goals to address students’ needs.
- Coach and assist team members in implementing group and individual interventions in the context of a classroom.
- Provide regular parent feedback and assist in developing home programming.
Abide by the American Occupational Therapy Association Code of Ethics.
- Maintain licensure, refresh knowledge and explore new evidence-based interventions through regular Continuing Education opportunities.
- Conduct a regular evaluation process of coaching model services with team members to review goals.
Qualifications for Occupational Therapist include:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy program, Clinical Certification of Competence.
- CDE Endorsement in providing special services.
- Experience with disabilities relating to autism spectrum disorders, traumatic brain injury, social-emotional disabilities, anxiety disorder, sensory processing disorder, auditory processing disorder, Fragile X Syndrome, depression, selective mutism, etc.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Good driving record and valid Colorado State License.
Please, no phone calls about this or any position.
Salary: $46,000.00 /year
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume under the subject heading “Occupational Therapist” to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.