Organization: BEHAVIORAL TREATMENT SERVICESTitle: OFFICE ASSISTANT – BOULDER
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Subcategory: Administrative, Health & Mental Health
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
We are growing! Behavioral Treatment Services, formerly Intervention Clinical Services, provides a continuum of specialized adult offender substance abuse and mental health treatment, to those involved in the criminal justice system, social services,and community corrections.
The Billing and Office Coordinator coordinates client care, financial management, recordkeeping, compliance and operations of BTS’s growing Longmont office. Supports the Director as needed for the benefit of the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reflects Behavioral Treatment Services’ (BTS) commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Ensures accurate, timely and complete office and client files are maintained and secured according to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), licensing, accreditation, state or federal standards and other appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Records, tracks and processes payments for services accurately and timely, including depositing cash at the bank and processing credit card payments
- Submits bills for payment to payment providers. Resolves billing issues.
- Completes administrative tasks such as daily processing of mail, forwarding or replying to voicemails, processing invoices, maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, and supplies are stocked.
- Drafts communications for signature and documents for review. Sends out routine correspondence.
- Creates and provides a welcoming environment for visitors/clients both on the phone and in person.
- Answers and provides basic screening of all intake calls requesting services, schedules appointments.
- Collects client information, enters information into electronic database and creates and maintains client files accurately, completely and timely.
- Reviews billing, insurance, and clinic policy information with client.
- Provides information and referrals as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to BTS’s vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics
- Drives to various office locations in metro Denver as required
- Associate degree(A.A) from accredited college and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with principles and practices related to medical or mental health clinic planning, records management and general administration, including policies related to HIPAA
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in insurance billing and terminology, invoicing, and payment collection, including Medicaid
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet software and databases to input information, maintain client and program data, create documents and communications, and generate reports
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially with people experiencing crisis
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, calculators, copiers and fax machines
- Knowledge of the service populations cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with staff and with a diverse client base.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
- Medical Billing certification and/or Medicaid billing experience preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Applicant must pass to fingerprinting, criminal background check, drug screen, and child abuse registry check. Applicant must possess a valid Colorado driver’s license and insurance.
How to Apply:
Email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to Human Resources at 303-450-4100. Include Office Assistant-Boulder in subject line
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.