Organization: Denver Metro Fair Housing CenterTitle: Office Manager
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Subcategory: Administrative, Programs/Services
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
DENVER METRO FAIR HOUSING CENTER
The Denver Metro Fair Housing Center (DMFHC) has an immediate opening for an Office Manager. The DMFHC is dedicated to eliminating housing discrimination and promoting housing choice for all people through education, advocacy, and enforcement of fair housing laws. DMFHC is a private non-profit organization established in 2012. DMFHC is active in six Denver Metro counties: Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson.
Title: Office Manager
Salary: $30,160 annually, Depending on Experience, benefits package included
Please submit resume and cover letter. DMFHC retains the option to continue advertising until position is filled.
Education and Experience Requirements: High School diploma or GED and two years experience in office administration. IT experience a plus.
Job Description: The Office Manager supports DMFHC operations by maintaining office systems and is responsible for overall office management, reception duties, administrative functions as directed by the Executive Director. In addition, the Administrative Assistant/Office Manager will assist with public awareness of DMFHC and DMFHC services. Other duties may be performed as assigned.
• Competency in computer hardware operation and excellent capabilities with software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, QuickBooks and Outlook necessary.
• Ability to generate and distribute accurate office correspondence, memorandum and other materials.
• Ability to handle complex administrative workload.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to draft routine correspondence.
• Ability to maintain consistent professional composure and exercise excellent interpersonal skills.
• Dedication and support for civil rights and fair housing issues.
• Ability to represent the DMFHC in a professional manner.
• Bi-lingual Spanish useful but not required.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive, direct and process incoming calls and handle general and specific telephone inquiries, including complaint intake.
• Greet visitors and clients.
• Support office management through purchase of supplies, mail related functions and deliveries, errands and office coordination.
• Maintain computer systems and equipment inventory.
• Assist with development and creation of outreach and education tools, such as e-newsletters, newsletters, printed materials, videos, displays, exhibits and presentation outlines.
• Maintain outreach database.
• Assist with media relations, including preparing news releases and feature articles, arranging interviews and appearances for DMFHC staff for print, radio and television media.
• Maintain agency website and other social media outlets.
• Coordinate meetings and teleconferences and provide accurate minutes or notes as requested.
• Coordinate mailings, e-mailings and dissemination of materials to Center’s board of directors, the general public and other groups as necessary.
• Prepare accurate correspondence, memorandum and other business materials and documents as necessary.
• Maintain accounting transactions and records through QuickBooks.
• Assists as needed in keeping financial records current and accurate for accounting functions including financial audit(s).
• Utilize and maintains record of invoices and purchase orders.
• Assures all files and inventory records are properly maintained.
• Provide support to all agency staff.
• Exhibit a high level of personal energy and commitment.
• Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Use subject line “Office Manager.”
DMFHC supports affirmative action and are dedicated to promoting equal employment opportunity.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.