Organization: Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists (RMAG)Title: Office Manager
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Location: Denver Metro Area
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
The Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists (RMAG) is the second largest regional Geological Association in the United States, supporting education and professional exchange since 1922. RMAG is an association of over 2,000 members with a very active membership base. RMAG holds monthly luncheons, symposiums, an annual golf tournament, a professional awards banquet, and numerous other events throughout the year. RMAG produces a monthly newsletter, a quarterly journal, and various other publications.
Description: Office Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Office Manager Job Purpose: Supports organizing operations by maintaining office systems, supporting staff, membership, and events.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
· Ensure members, donors, sponsors and RMAG event attendees receive high quality of customer service via email, phone, and all other appropriate membership correspondence.
· Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures; correspondence; designing filing systems; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
· Process membership applications and renewals; process all event registrations, sponsorship, and exhibitors.
· Update and maintain membership database of over 2,000 members.
· Maintain and update website content according to event schedule.
· Coordinate event logistics and manage registration and check-in at events.
· Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning volunteers; following up with volunteers as necessary.
· Effectively manage all administrative and logistical details of all committee and board meetings. Administrative duties may include, but are not limited to: scheduling meetings, arranging meeting spaces, preparing agendas and handouts.
· Coordinate mailings and email marketing campaigns to promote programs and services to the membership. Implement LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter strategies with guidance from the Executive Director.
· Maintain and track all publications inventory.
· Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
· Order and track all office supplies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a successful record in administrative functions, community collaboration, and program development. Non-profit experience is preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Two to five years of administrative experience, preferably in nonprofit organizations
· Applicants must be highly organized, attentive to detail, be able to work independently and exercise good judgment
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working on several projects is essential
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher)
· Must be flexible and capable of reacting to unusual circumstances and be proactive in dealing with them
· Social Media competency (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
· Website content management preferred
· Knowledge and experience with customer service; working with volunteers preferred
· Event management experience preferred
· Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Office Manager” in the title. No phone calls please!
This is a full time position with great benefits. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.