Organization: Colorado School of Mines Alumni AssociationTitle: Office Manager
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
The Office Manager is an essential member of the Colorado School of Mines Alumni Association community. Serving as the initial contact between CSMAA and our public, the Office Manager greets visitors and promotes a friendly, service-oriented atmosphere for Mines alumni and the School community.
This highly organized member of the team assists with more than a hundred alumni events, helps to acknowledge alumni members and donors, handles accounts payable, manages a part-time Administrative Assistant, and helps to ensure productive work flow for association programs and services.
The Office Manager is the primary point of contact for Graduation Check-out, working closely with the Registrar’s Office and the Office of Graduate Studies. He or she is responsible for maintaining the online community form used to gather new graduate information and works closely with IT to integrate newly collected data into the alumni database.
The Office Manager also serves as the CSMAA board liaison for Student and Young Alumni Programming.
The office manager must possess excellent organizational skills, communicate clearly and effectively, execute tasks in a timely and accurate manner, be sensitive to confidentiality, possess social skills that enhance the image of the Alumni Association, and engage in team-oriented, productive behavior. Acute attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines are highly valued.
Summary of Qualifications and Expectations:
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Excellent computer skills that enhance efficiency such as Microsoft Word (including mail merge), Excel (including formulas) and Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
3. Experience in accounting practices: A/P, A/R, payroll, credit card transactions, data entry, etc.
4. Familiarity with a university environment and alumni highly desirable.
5. An ability to work with volunteers and with people at all levels of the university.
6. Evidence of excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to anticipate and solve problems.
7. An excellent command of the English language, grammar and punctuation skills are necessary.
8. Flexibility to work evenings and weekends during peak periods as necessary.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, references and salary history to email@example.com by September 10, 2014.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.