Organization: Special Olympics ColoradoTitle: Office Manager
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Subcategory: Administrative, Programs/Services
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Office Manager Position
The Office Manager performs a variety of administrative duties allowing for effective delivery of the mission of Special Olympics Colorado.
Reports to: CFO/Vice President of Administration
Manage the design and implementation of annual meetings, Board and staff retreats, webinars, and other seminars, conference calls
Set-up meetings and conference calls, arrange refreshments, take minutes as needed, and clean up after meetings
Complete general clerical, administrative and project based work
Manage CEO’s calendar, appointments and travel arrangements
Maintain organizations electronic and hard copy filing system and all shared and public drives
Provide program support by managing donated ticket distribution, competition credentials, coach’s packets, venue packets, volunteer handbooks etc.
Manage camp/clinic sign-ups
Prepare monthly expense reports
Generate and format reports and other documents using a full range of computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint presentations etc.
Board of Directors meeting preparation including packets, scheduling and notifications, meeting room, minutes, electronic voting, and maintain current member list
- Run errands when necessary
- Manage office supply & equipment needs in the most cost efficient manner
- Serve as back-up to front desk operations
- Manage intern program
- Work with building management to resolve building issues
- Manage all aspects of maintaining a clean, comfortable and functional work environment
A minimum of 3 years of experience in an administrative support role
- Ability to managing calendar, travel and all other appointments and scheduled plans including the management of donor relations, events and conferences
- Ability to facilitate and prepare for board related functions
- Utilize software and databases effectively and efficiently
- Excellent written skills to create emails, memos and general correspondence
- Assist with preparation of materials and deliverables for meetings and conferences as necessary
- Represent the organization in a calm, proactive, pleasant and professional manner in words and actions
- Assist with other administrative team members within organization providing support, advice and supervisory duties as necessary
- Maintain confidentiality in all tasks and duties
- Excellent grammar and proof reading skills
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office Suite
- Must be detail-oriented, possess strong organizational, time management and planning skills & able to re-prioritize as needed considering budget and timeframes
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, and show good judgment
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software or similar donor database
- Able to think strategically and handle multi-tasking with ease
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy with internal and external constituents
- Tolerance for change, sense of humor, and a demonstrated ability to create a positive culture
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Ability to travel independently throughout the state.
- Ability to be cleared to work for SOCO through background screening process
- Support other departments contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities.
- Position requires working both standing and sitting. Must be able to lift and carry light loads (5-30 pounds) for short distances (approximately one block).
- All other duties as assigned.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and benefits package. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Please put Office Manager position in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Thank you!
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.