Organization: Washington Street Community CenterTitle: Preschool Teacher and Preschool Aide
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
1. POSITION IDENTIFICATION
Title: Preschool Teacher
Functional Area: Preschool Program
Reports to: Children’s Program Director
Employment Status: Full-time; benefitted
This position is responsible for providing a stimulating, enriching and educational environment for young children within the mission of the Washington Street Community Center and the standards of Colorado Department of Social Services.
Located in the heart of the beautiful and historic Wash Park neighborhood, the WSCC is a private, non-profit school that values individualism and creativity. If you love to sing songs, dance, color, paint, create exciting projects and play in our beautiful outdoor playground, complete with a large veggie garden and overflowing flower beds, then this is the school for you. Our mission is to engage and support children with developmentally appropriate activities that promote learning in all areas. Our goal is to expose children to music, art, drama and ecology while nurturing their individual interests and curiosity. We love to have fun and we’re looking for someone that loves our program as much as we do!
A.Bachelor’s Degree from college or university or Colorado Director Certificate within the last five years or three years of relevant work experience.
B.High school diploma or GED and an Associate of Arts in ECE.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential):
- Background in child development and day care.
- Knowledge of child growth and development, teaching techniques and a variety of educational activities.
- Classroom management experience, minimum one year.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Desirable):
State of CO teaching certificate. Knowledge of Creative Curriculum and Colorado Shines standards is preferred. Please include evidence of early childhood teacher qualifications with your resume.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid
- Central Registry and CBI background check
5. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to work with and supervise other staff, including teachers and aides.
- Maintain the Colorado State Licensing standards.
- Present self in a professional manner to parents and public contacts.
- Plan and conduct daily activities for children based on the WSCC objectives.
- Supervise personnel assigned to assist with daily activities, i.e. aides and teachers.
- Prepare educational materials and the physical environment necessary to implement planned daily activities in an organized manner.
- Relate to parents, growth and development of children
- Observe, record, and report significant individual and group behaviors
- Evaluate needs and capabilities of each child with respect to individual learning style and talents.
- Cooperate and work with other staff so as to function as a team.
- Attend and participate in parent programs and education.
- Assist with cooking as needed.
- Keep an organized and clean classroom.
- Maintain accurate attendance records.
- Treat children with respect and dignity with attention give to mental, physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Maintain frequent communication with Children’s Program Director.
- Participate in Qualistar rating process.
- Participate in fundraising.
- Assist in staff hiring and training.
- Maintain accurate and confidential files on children.
- Request supplies.
- Pan and produce weekly schedules.
- Produce monthly news articles.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings.
Please email your cover letter, resume and ECE qualifications to Roberta Bloom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.