Organization: Prostate Conditions Education CouncilTitle: Program Assistant
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Subcategory: Administrative, Programs/Services
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Prostate Conditions Education Council (PCEC) Program Assistant
Title: Program Assistant
Employment Status: Part-Time 20 hours per week
Page Range: $12.00 to $13.00 per hour DOE
The Program Assistant will support PCEC’s SET the PACE Event Series, Prostate Cancer Awareness Week Program, partner program (MHEC) and events on a local and national level, by providing direct assistance to the President, VP of Operations, Program Managers and Program Coordinators. PCEC is an organization with room to develop and advance; a successful Program Assistant could become a leading candidate for a full-time higher-level position as they become available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Provide general office support to staff and assist with answering phones.
- Assist with event logistics and planning of events.
- Effectively prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence.
- Assist with sponsorships and fundraising efforts as requested.
- Perform data entry utilizing MS Excel, Constant Contact, Kintera Fundraising software and FileMaker in a MAC environment.
- Assist with grant proposals.
- Assist with newsletters, social media campaign and blogs.
- Assist with media alerts and press releases.
- Provide support with updating and creating educational materials, media tool kits, event posters etc.
- Assist staff with various projects that arise.
- Attend MHEC, PCEC, SET the PACE and PCAW related events as needed.
- Attend staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Follow established organizational polices and procedures.
- Some weekends and travel required.
· Familiarity with non-profit organizations
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft office applications, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, MAC programs, Kintera Fundraising Software.
· Ability to problem-solve.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
· Self-motivated team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible and adjust to changing priorities.
· Organizational and analytical skills, especially the ability to assess, problem solve and exercise independent judgment.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to work effectively with staff, board members, volunteers and interns.
· Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule to accommodate evening, weekend and occasional travel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
· Fluency in speaking and writing English
· Reliable transportation
· Ability to lift 40+ pounds
· Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule to accommodate evening, weekend and travel.
A Problem solving skills.
No phone calls please! Email or mail a brief cover letter and resume to:
7009 S. Potomac Street, #125
Centennial, CO 80112
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.