Organization: Young Americans Center for Financial EducationTitle: Program Assistant
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Responsible for learning and implementing a full range of activities in Young AmeriTowne or International Towne. Employees in this level can perform a wide variety of duties including, working as Program Assistants in all the shops/countries in Young AmeriTowne and International Towne, assisting with teaching the curriculum for the summer programs.
- Assists with the direction and delivery of Young AmeriTowne or International Towne operations during the school year by answering participants’ questions, resolving problems and overseeing the various Towne activities.
- Assigns site orientation and responsibility to adult volunteers.
- Provides support to educators during their involvement in the program.
- Assists with marketing of the Young AmeriTowne and International Towne programs to educators, parent volunteers and other individuals.
- Accepts feedback through student, parent, and teacher evaluation forms and communicates feedback to the Towne Director and Vice President/ Programs.
- Assists with setting up Towne shops/countries, including insuring all operating materials, forms, equipment, supplies, and shop/country products are properly maintained.
- Completes clean up and checklist procedure in assigned areas daily.
- Attends meetings such as staff meetings and other employee meetings required.
- May perform other duties including providing administrative support such as word processing, assisting in mailings and answering telephones, and shopping for supplies.
- May assist with the preparation of school and teacher materials.
- May assist with the special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In addition to the above, regular full-time newly hired employees will learn how to serve as a member of the teaching team during summer camps.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices associated with effective training techniques as they apply to children and adults.
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
- Knowledge of fundamental accounting concepts and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with children and adults.
- Ability to handle stress and maintain discipline while working with 70 to 140 children per session. Towne participants are age 10-14 yrs. Summer program participants are 7 – 14 years. YE Marketplace participants are 6 – 21 years. CYE applicants are 6 – 21 years.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights and weekends.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Ability to multitask, plan, organize, and carry out assignments within given deadlines.
- Ability to exercise attention to detail.
- Ability to become and maintain CPR certification.
- Proficient using Word, Excel, Microsoft Publisher and other software.
- Ability to be bonded and maintain current drivers license.
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred.
- On the job training is provided.
- One to two years of experience working with children in a learning environment.
This is a non-exempt position. Hourly rate starts at $11.00 with excellent benefits.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.