Organization: Patriot Boot CampTitle: Program Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: Start-up nonprofit
The mission of PBC is to provide Veterans and active duty service members and their spouses with the tools and resources they need to be successful entrepreneurs. PBC is a national program designed to engage, inspire, and mentor Veterans to start, innovate, and scale the next generation of companies in the technology sector. PBC’s educational programming focuses on helping veterans and active duty service members and their spouses attain economic independence by advancing their entrepreneurial education, with the ultimate goal of promoting economically independent citizens who contribute to their communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Development & Administration
• Work with PBC’s board and staff to execute the annual plan for program development and execution
• Collaborate with the PBC board to develop the strategic plan for 2015 and future years
• Develop, implement, oversee and evaluate all PBC programs and products. Develop new programs that help PBC remain viable in the future
• Manage the PBC relationships with sponsors, foundations, funders, VSOs, and partners
• Maintain a working knowledge of current trends in technology startups, Veteran and Military Spouse entrepreneurship, and Veterans affairs
• Must ensure that PBC maintains and files the proper records to remain compliant with all federal, state and local regulations
Personnel & Staffing
• Work with the board on the recruitment of personnel to support the growth of PBC
• Supervise other staff as directed by the board, supervise part-time employees and contractors, and supervise volunteers for PBC events and community development
• Ensure that all employees understand and follow personnel polices
• Ensure that PBC stays compliant with workplace employment laws
• Ensure that all employees and volunteers follow polices and values of PBC
• Maintain an environment that motivates and retains qualified staff
Budget & Finance
• Work with board to maximize earned income and donations
• Work closely with PBC’s accountant to provide fiscal oversight
• Be responsible for maintaining sound financial practices
• Monitor expenses and revenue, and ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed
• Collaborate with the Treasurer of the board to provide accurate and timely financial reports to the Board of Directors
Marketing and Fundraising
• Develop, implement and monitor PBC’s marketing and community development plan
• Promote and expand PBC’s connections to the Veteran community to insure more Veterans and Military Spouses apply to PBC programs
• Create and distribute marketing materials
• Oversee the other activities that promotes PBC’s programs such as the organizations’ website and newsletter
• Serve as spokesperson and seek out opportunities to publicize PBC’s programs.
• Seek out, identify, and pursue sources of funding for the organization from sponsors and foundations
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills
• Understanding of startup community and scalable technology companies
• Knowledge of military community
• Understand balance between nonprofit mission and revenue it takes to run a successful nonprofit organization
• Understand general finance/accounting
• Strong communication and speaking skills
• Experience with community management
• Good writing skills
• Previous nonprofit experience is a plus
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time (exempt) salaried position based at the PBC office in downtown Boulder, Colorado. Applicants living in other locations will be considered as well. The salary is commensurate with experience. PBC offers a complete benefit package including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, simple IRA, paid leave, and paid holidays.
To apply send resume (or linkedin link), cover letter (no longer than two paragraphs), and two references to Taylor Mclemore at email@example.com.
Application deadline: December 1, 2014. Projected start date: ASAP
PBC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.