Organization: Anchor Center for Blind ChildrenTitle: Program Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Location: Denver Metro Area
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Job Title: Program Director
Anchor Center for Blind Children
Anchor Center for Blind Children teaches visually impaired infants, young children with vision impairments and their families, providing hope and a nurturing environment where children reach their highest potential. We hope to fill the Program Director position to begin July 1, 2014.
The Program Director serves on the Leadership Team and is responsible for management of all program staff and program related activities – center based, home visits and outreach programs. Anchor Center is looking for an individual to lead us to the organization we are capable of becoming and who:
- Sees the “big picture”
- Will help create the organization’s vision and has the ability to lead us there
- Can make difficult decisions and stand by them
- Is an insightful supervisor
- Is able to creatively and objectively problem solve with the team
- Will maintain positive community relationships
- Actively observes classroom performance of teachers, evaluate effectiveness of staff performance, provide constructive feedback and plan staff development activities for improvement both in and outside the classroom
- Will participate at a local, state and national level and keeps staff informed of ongoing and new initiatives impacting services to the visually impaired population
Anchor Center for Blind Children
|JOB TITLE: Program Director||DATE: March 2014|
|REPORTS TO: Executive Director||Full Time|
Purpose of Position: The Program Director manages the implementation of program component of the organization provided by Anchor Center program staff, ensuring Anchor Center meets the needs of children and families within the parameters and limitations of available resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate as a member of the Leadership Team
- Formal people management, meeting regularly with all program staff
- Incorporate systems and evaluations processes that focus on quality improvement for the programs as a whole
- Managing staff performance
- Setting clear goals and expectations
- Provide feedback; hold individual accountable to goals
- Conducting appraisals
- Focus on staff development
- Including career and development goals
- Have a professional development plan in place for program staff members
- Coach the team members
- Identify ways to get additional development/training
- Model the values, mission, vision and norms for all other staff
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors staff to make sure IFSPs and IEPs are completed on time
- Work with Community Centered Boards
- Ensure alignment, consistency, communication across all programs
- Manage program budget
- Manage training budget
- Share management of licensing regulations, QualiStar and CLASS participation
- Participate as a member of the Anchor Center management team and interact with program staff in order to be knowledgeable about current activities and programs.
- Support Anchor Center fundraising including working at or attending special events
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and all meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Meet at least one time a month with the Executive Director for supervision and planning
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding of the program of Anchor Center and the impact of vision impairment on a child and his/her family
- Computer competency in word-processing and student database
- Child Care Director qualified or willing to become Director qualified a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to write clearly and speak articulately
- Excellent ability to consistently follow through
- Ability to participate as an integral member of a team
- Share the values and standards of professionalism and respect adhered to at Anchor Center.
- Respect the confidentiality of Anchor Center families, donors and staff
- Educational/classroom environment including children with limited or no vision and frequent parent/family visits
- No specific requirements
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Applications are only accepted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Program Director” in the subject line of the email.
Please include a cover letter and salary requirements.
Three professional references will be requested should applicant advance to subsequent interviews.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.