Organization: The Colorado Health FoundationTitle: Program Officer – Health Care and Health Coverage
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
The Colorado Health Foundation seeks an exceptional individual with strong program management, implementation and leadership skills to join its team. The Program Officer for Health Care and Health Coverage is charged with contributing to the Colorado Health Foundation’s goals that all Coloradans achieve stable, affordable and adequate health coverage and that all Coloradans achieve health care with support from a network of primary care and community services. This person works collaboratively to develop, implement and manage funding opportunities related to health care and health coverage and solicits and develops new ideas and opportunities that are aligned with those strategies. Additionally, this person works collaboratively with Senior Program Officers and the Portfolio Director for Health Care and Health Coverage on program direction as well as assists with long-range strategic planning, program management and project implementation.
• Contribute to the development of short- and long-term grant making strategies related to the Health Care and Health Coverage goals of the Colorado Health Foundation.
• Develop, manage and assess performance of designated funding opportunities.
o Develop and manage to a project plan.
o Determine the scope of the funding opportunity (purpose, cross functional involvement and intensity/time to develop).
o Work with evaluation department to determine plan for assessing progress and impact.
o Review proposals or coordinate review of proposals with program officers and associate program officers.
o Produce and present written summaries, analyses and recommendations for proposed funding opportunities and grants to the Foundation’s Philanthropy Committee and Board of Directors.
o Manage the grant portfolio associated with the funding opportunity (including managing individual grants, securing and managing consultants as needed, partnering with the Foundation’s communications team to plan events, webinars, etc.).
o Work with evaluation to assess progress of grant portfolio associated with the funding opportunity in a timely manner and report to outcome team and recommend adaptations to ensure greatest success.
o Identify and capitalize on synergy between funding opportunities within a given strategy and/or outcome area.
• Allocate approved grant making budget for designated funding opportunity(s).
o Manage the budget allocated for the funding opportunity, ensuring that the money is distributed among projects and/or organizations to achieve maximum impact.
• Serve as the resident expert and spokesperson for designated funding opportunities both internally and externally.
o Make presentations; inform communication and policy efforts with regard to funding opportunity.
o Stay current on the literature and trends with regard to funding opportunity.
o Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders.
• Serve as a role model for TCHF core values.
· Degree in health care administration, business, public health, public policy or related field.
· Minimum of 5 years program and/or operations management experience required.
• Master’s degree in health care administration, business, public health, public policy or related field; appropriate experience may be substituted.
• Experience in health care administration, public health, public policy or related field strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• In-depth knowledge of nonprofits and/or government agencies.
• Experience working with the populations served by the Foundation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of health care delivery systems, including efforts to promote coordinated systems of care; the challenges of developing a trained health care workforce that can deliver high-quality, integrated primary care, especially in underserved areas; and the role of health information technology to promote high-quality, coordinated care.
• Knowledge of the grant making process.
• Superb project management skills with the ability to resolve complex issues and handle numerous multifaceted assignments under tight deadlines.
• Exceptional oral and written communications skills, including experience with concise business writing and the ability to translate complex ideas into clear, easy-to-understand concepts.
• Demonstrated ability to implement strategies and work plans, multi-task and deliver quality work on time and within budgetary guidelines.
• Strong technical skills and proficiency with Microsoft desktop applications including the most recent versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Superb analytic and critical reasoning skills including corporate and financial analysis.
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service and collaboration skills.
• Public speaking and presentation skills, including experience presenting complex subject matter to non-expert audiences and experience presenting strategic and complex information to high-level decision makers.
• Strong initiative and superior productivity.
• Motivated and committed to the Foundation’s mission.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful contribution through her or his professional contributions. Interested candidates may submit their resumes and cover letters on the Colorado Health Foundation’s website (www.coloradohealth.org).
The Colorado Health Foundation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.