Organization: Denver Urban Scholars and Bridge ProjectTitle: Project Coordinator
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Urban Scholars at Bridge: Project Coordinator
Urban Scholars at Bridge is a collaborative partnership between two established Denver agencies that assist youth in reaching educational and life success: The Bridge Project and Denver Urban Scholars (DUS). The Project Coordinator will be a vital part of this developing partnership—linking DUS students to The Bridge Project sites. The Coordinator will be responsible for engaging families and increasing student participation and retention in both of these programs.
Specific responsibilities/qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as liaison between Denver Urban Scholars and The Bridge Project
- Develop and implement student and family outreach plan and activities (e.g. plan open houses, shadowing opportunities with current USB participants, etc.) to build program participation. Target participation numbers are currently set at a minimum of 35 students.
- Create and distribute program enrollment information to students and families
- Establish healthy and positive relationships with students, families, and school partners
- Assist in coordinating logistics of participation in afterschool and summer program components for both programs
- Plan community-building events (e.g. parent engagement) for USB families and participants in collaboration with both DUS and Bridge staff members
- Track concurrent enrollment of students and monitor program-related outcomes for grant reporting. Track progress and relevant information in each organization’s CiviCore databases when appropriate.
- Participate in ongoing collaboration planning and evaluation meetings
- Maintain positive communication with school, DUS and Bridge staff including regular meetings, phone and email communication.
- Maintain accurate attendance and behavior records and document into each organization’s CiviCore database as appropriate.
This is a part-time position averaging 20-25 hours per week beginning in January 2016. Hours will vary but will include some late afternoons and evenings, Monday through Thursday. Occasional additional hours, including weekends, may be required. Pay is commensurate with education and experience.
This position is based in and around The Bridge Project sites and surrounding neighborhoods.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience working in afterschool and/or youth development programs
- Ability to pass a background check and submission of fingerprints
- A reliable car with current insurance and willingness to transport students is preferred
- Ability to manage projects independently based on shared, collaborative vision developed in partnership with staff of both organizations
- Ability to build positive relationships with caregivers, youth, and staff from both organizations
- Organizational and time management skills
- Conversational Spanish language skills desired
To apply, please submit résumé and cover letter to Kathryn Miller, Denver Urban Scholars – Stepping Stones Program Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.