Organization: Community Reach CenterTitle: Psychiatrist – Crirs Stablization Unit – PT
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Subcategory: Health & Mental Health
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Community Crisis Connection
Psychiatrist – Part Time
Crisis Stabilization Unit
Community Crisis Connection (CCC) is a private organization comprised of six well-established, non-profit behavioral health agencies which collectively serve all nine counties in and around the Metro Denver area. CCC is part of the statewide crisis stabilization system created by the Colorado state legislature (R.S. 27-60-103 (2)) to establish a statewide crisis system that expands and enhances existing services and develops new services in order to make care readily accessible. CCC services are provided for all ages and include crisis stabilization units, walk-in crisis centers, crisis respite and residential care, and mobile crisis services.
Community Reach Center is looking for dedicated team players to help support our new venture.
Job Summary: Works with the multidisciplinary crisis team to establish client safety with emphasis placed on helping the client to feel secure and in control. This includes medical and psychiatric triage to help determine the level of care necessary, always trying to find the least restrictive setting that will maintain safety.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Satisfactory completion of ACGME-accredited residency training program in General Psychiatry (adult psychiatrists), unrestricted Colorado medical license and DEA certificate
- MD or DO degree (or international equivalent).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record while employed with the Agency.
- Meets the requirements of applicable federal, state and organizational background checks.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Ability to attend meetings at a variety of locations.
- Bilingual skills helpful, but not required.
Subject to requirements of all applicable federal, state and organizational background checks.
- Works closely with clients to address their areas of concern, and to help develop a treatment plan based on client needs and wishes. Risks and benefits of various treatment options are discussed with the client and a collaborative decision is made.
- Provides consultation with other physicians, advanced practice nurses, nurses and other staff.
- Works closely with client’s physical health care providers and other behavioral health care providers.
- Participates in administrative duties and provides leadership for the medical staff.
- Maintains availability by telephone for phone or face-to-face evaluation of emergency patients, as appropriate.
- Shares 24-hour on call responsibilities with other prescribers for residential, respite, outpatient and emergency care.
- Attends team and other meetings.
- Strives for continuous self-improvement by reading the literature, by attending medical conferences, and by incorporating .evidenced based practices where possible.
- Maintains acceptable attendance record.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Please Visit our website: www. communityreachcenter .org
Community Reach Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity!
Community Reach Center Systems, Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.