Organization: United Way of Weld CountyTitle: Receptionist
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Summary Position Description:
· Answers all incoming calls and directs them accordingly. Professionally and courteously greets and welcomes the public and contacts the appropriate department/person or directs them to the appropriate meeting room. Monitors front and back door intercom system and allows people to enter accordingly. Performs clerical and basic accounting duties such as filing, sorting and operates ANDAR & Abila (finance) Software.
· Ability to answer phones in a concise, pleasant, welcoming and professional manner.
· Ability to communicate with public in a courteous and professional manner.
· Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and ANDAR.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to handle difficult phone or customer related situations.
· Ability to remain calm and professional during a crisis situation.
· A team player
· Ability to perform work with accuracy.
· Become familiar with all United Way programs, events and activities to ensure efficient and effective direction to caller questions. Be a positive representative for the organization.
· Welcome visitors with a smile and in a professional and courteous manner.
· Tracking data, typing, reporting and scheduling in accurate manner.
· Perform tasks for Finance Department and Office Manager as assigned.
· Review newspapers daily for articles pertaining to United Way of Weld County and its programs, partner agencies or as requested.
· Review information in newspapers daily for obituaries.
· Review information in newspapers for new births
· Make announcements to employees as needed.
· Replace check in/out sheets, volunteer sign in sheets, media and meeting sheets.
· Check RSVP and general voice mail box daily and direct calls to appropriate staff.
· Keep reception area neat and clean.
· Accepts deliveries and notifies appropriate staff of arrival.
· Answer and direct phone calls as directed and in a professional manner.
· Handle difficult visitors or callers and follow appropriate procedures.
· Communicate regularly with direct supervisor, report problems or concerns, ask questions that enable receptionist to properly address the public and accept criticism in a professional manner.
· Attend staff meetings and events as assigned.
· Participate in all staff team assignments and activities as appropriate.
· Process mailings of vendor payments.
· Supply the 211 desk in the front lobby with paper, pens and 211 Info cards.
· Help restock break room area with plates, napkins, paper towels, silverware, etc.
· Process mail on a daily basis.
For a complete job description, please see our website: www.unitedway-weld.org. Resumes may be emailed or mailed to P.O. Box 1944, Greeley, CO 80632, Attn: Office Manager by August 9, 2014.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.