Organization: North Metro Community ServicesTitle: Resource Coordinator
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
|Resource Coordinator- Waiver Services|
|$17.09/HR + Benefits|
|SCHEDULE:||NON- EXEMPT, 36 hours per week, 730am-5pm with ½ hour lunch break.|
|LAST DATE TO APPLY:
|When candidate has been selected|
The Resource Coordinator is assigned a caseload composed of people with developmental disabilities. Resource Coordination functions may include: development and coordination of a Service Plan, service access, case documentation, and monitoring of supports and services advocacy on behalf of persons with disabilities.
Education or Formal Training:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field or 5 years’ experience working with persons with Developmental Disabilities
· Strong written and oral skills and abilities
· Knowledge and/or willingness to learn related computer skills
· Ability to positively accept and manage change
· Organizational skills and abilities in facilitating and work within teams
· Ability to manage a multifaceted position
· Strong consumer and family respect and related support
· Strong commitment to quality supports and services
· Schedules, facilitates the development and prepares the Service Plan in accordance with department procedure
· Ensures ongoing functional eligibility for Long Term Care Medicaid DD Waiver services with the thorough use and subsequent entry of the ULTC 100.2 Assessment as outlined in the ULTC 100.2 instructions located on the BUS
· Authorizes services within Case Manager threshold and seeks approval for requested services beyond threshold as needed
· Provides Notice of Action (803) per guidelines
· Monitors and ensure payment for all authorized services as identified in the Service Plan in accordance with department process and standards.
· Provides ongoing advocacy to the consumer and their family to assure rights as identified in Rules and Regulations are respected.
· Monitors consumer health and safety through daily review of received incident reports. Acts on allegations of abuse and neglect per department procedure.
· Schedules, facilitates and documents Interdisciplinary Team meetings to, including but not limited to, address concerns, changes in need, and service plan revisions at the request of consumers and/or any team member.
· Maintains ongoing contact with the consumer/guardian/family process, including a quarterly face-to-face contact to monitor overall satisfaction, determine appropriateness of ongoing service goals, and to address any concerns if applicable.
· Performs, documents, and bills for an allowable Targeted Case Management (TCM) activity monthly as outlined in the 7/1/09 Guides to TCM Reimbursable Activities and Quality Log Notes
· Identifies, accesses, and coordinates resources and benefits available and appropriate to consumers and families
· Provides crisis intervention services and support as needed to consumers and their families
· Ensures timely response to complaints and/or identifies appropriate supervisor to provide follow-up as needed
· Maintains Master Record data and ensures accurate data entry in CCMS and Benefits Utilization System as needed consistent with department process and standards
· Adheres to the concept of confidentiality related to staff members, consumers, families, and service providers.
· Meets department expectations for response to all correspondence within 24 hours of receipt to include voicemail, email, and requests for information
· Participate in committees as need in accordance with the duties of the position
· Participate in departmental meetings, training, and shared tasks as required
· Participate in activities required of employees of North Metro.
· Drive as needed in performance of the duties above.
· Other duties as assigned by the Resource Coordination Director and Waiver Services Coordinator.
· Use computer for periods of time up to one hour throughout an eight to ten hour day.
· Ability to stand and walk on hard surfaces for periods of time up to one hour throughout an eight to ten hour day.
· Ability to lift/push/pull/carry various objects of 10 – 20 pounds frequently and 30 -40 pounds occasionally.
· Ability to reach to shoulder level and above.
· Ability to stand, pivot, transfer and safely bend at the hips and knees
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications with the job, please see human resources for a full job description.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS SHOULD ONLINE OR IN PERSON AT: www.nmetro.org, Human Resources-1001 W.124th Ave, Westminster, Co. 80234
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.