Organization: Center for Work Education and Employment – CWEETitle: Social Media Internship
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Since 1982, CWEE has helped more than 12,000 low-income individuals lead self-supporting lives. CWEE is a participant-centered program that assists disadvantaged individuals in the Denver-metro area, transition from government assistance into long-term employment. CWEE operates as an integrated education and employment program that includes comprehensive services such as: empowerment courses, life skills classes, computer literacy courses, employment services, and lifetime support and coaching to help individuals sustain employment. Our ultimate purpose is to create a more economically sound community by influencing a stronger workforce and reducing poverty in Colorado.
CWEE is looking for a passionate and eager social media intern who is interested in using digital marketing/social media to advance a well-respected non-profit organization. The part-time social media intern will learn how to use social media as a resource for a non-profit, in addition to gaining valuable knowledge in strategic communications and marketing. Through weekly meetings and self-directed work, the intern will learn how to create strategic plans around digital media; how to effectively communicate the messaging of a non-profit’s program; and will learn about Denver and Colorado’s network of communications and PR professionals.
Social Media Intern Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management of all social media through Facebook and Twitter including: Creating and editing Facebook and Twitter posts, Scheduling Facebook and Twitter posts
- Create plans for social media marketing strategies
- Conduct on-going research on best practices in the industries of communications, digital media, public relations, and marketing; and make recommendations
- Add to and maintain the social media tool-kit
- Assist in various tasks per request from Director of Development and Communications
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Majors looking for: communications, marketing, strategic communications, business, social work, journalism, English, or related field preferred
- Proficient with social media platforms (with in a professional context is preferred): Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Great oral and written communications skills
- Experience with social media marketing
- Cultural sensitivity
Please email a cover letter and resume in one PDF document to Caitie Neice, Manager of Development and Events, firstname.lastname@example.org and include subject title: Social Media Internship Position
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.