Organization: Denver Kids, Inc.Title: Summer Intern
Location: Denver Metro Area
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Denver Kids Inc. – Every student counts. Every student graduates. This is the vision of our organization and the focus of our work every day. We provide educational counseling and one-on-one mentoring support to Denver Public School students, grades K-12, who face the personal challenges of high risk environments, to successfully complete high school, explore post-secondary options and become contributing members of the community.
2020 Vision: Since our founding over 65 years ago, Denver Kids, Inc. has grown to serve 1,000 students annually with a $3M budget. Our goal is to continue delivering quality programs while expanding our reach to impact the drop-out crisis by 2020. We are in the business of working with partners who share our commitment to providing all students the opportunity to fulfill their dreams. We believe that with a community-wide effort we can improve the academic success of our children and support them in reaching their full potential.
What We Are Seeking: Denver Kids, Inc. is looking for energetic and education-focused summer interns to help support our educational counselors deliver individual student academic and enrichment services and activities. This role is designed to provide additional support to our educational counselors and enrichment service program to ensure every student is provided support and given opportunities to learn and develop during the summer.
· Responsible for an assigned caseload of Denver Kids, Inc. students and parents
· Complete casenotes based on interactions with students and parents on a weekly basis
· Effectively engage students to participate in Denver Kids, Inc. summer programs & activities
· Communicate weekly by phone or in person with caseload to support students and parents throughout the summer
· Responsible for transporting small groups of students and participating in daily activities with our Student Engagement Program with these students to keep them engaged in relationship and learning throughout the summer
· Communicate with students who are participating in summer camp opportunities to remind them of dates/forms needed, etc.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree students currently enrolled in a qualifying degree or program
· Bilingual language ability (English and Spanish) preferred
· Safely transport students to and from Denver Kids, Inc. events and activities
o Current Colorado driver’s license with access to a vehicle for transportation
o Current auto insurance with minimum $100/$300/$100 and $5K in medical coverage
· Must pass background screening (Federal, local and driving)
· May be required to participate in overnight camp experiences with student groups
What You Can Expect:
· To be part of a dynamic team committed to the Core Values of this organization: Courage to Excel, Integrity, Lifelong Learning, and Partnership; as well as an ongoing desire to be made stronger by our inclusiveness and diversity initiatives
· 20-25 hours/week (June-July)
· To participate in a competitive PAID internship program that will provide you with invaluable experience working in youth services, leaders and mentors who will challenge you and an unmatched opportunity to learn and grow
Please complete the job application form and submit with resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No phone calls or mail submissions.
Denver Kids, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and developing an inclusive staff team. People of color and individuals of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.