Organization: Rocky Mountain Youth ClinicsTitle: Summer Internship
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Each summer RMYC selects approximately 3-5 students to participate in an unpaid internship program. Any student can apply if he/she meets the following criteria:
- Student must be at least 18 years of age and enrolled in a program in which student will attain a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates pursuing/exploring careers in the healthcare field will be given preference.
- Candidates must be willing to work at any RMYC location in the metropolitan Denver area.
- Students with GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
Positions vary from summer to summer, but may encompass the following areas:
- Shadowing and training as a Medical Assistant.
- Answering phones and scheduling appointments for patients.
- Entering data into the electronic medical record system.
- Accounting type functions such as paying bills, filing invoices, etc.
- Scanning electronic medical records documents.
- Preparing packets for well child checkup visits.
- Helping to inventory, order or stock various medical supplies.
- Prepare new employee orientation packets.
- Attend various trainings and all employee meetings to observe the internal workings of a primary care pediatric clinic.
- Assist with non-profit fundraising activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Positions are generally unpaid.
Interested students should submit a resume and a cover letter stating why they are interested in working at Rocky Mountain Youth Clinics to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 29, 2015.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.