Organization: FRIENDS of BroomfieldTitle: Support Staff for Community Day Program
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
FRIENDS is seeking a highly motivated, energized and organized person to join us in supporting and advocating for adults with developmental disabilities within the community, fostering and supporting a two-way relationship of respect and dignity between members and others in the community. FRIENDS Day Program is a dynamic program for adults with developmental disabilities 18 and older.
Enrolled participants arrive at the FRIENDS facility anticipating an active day consisting of scheduled recreational, educational or cultural activities; water aerobics, gymnastics, weight training, arts and dance classes and guided open space tours to name a few. Some of the activities are modified to accommodate the population’s needs and we are out in the fresh air as often as possible.
FRIENDS of Broomfield is a non-profit organization
• Provide direct support and supervision for Participants during day program hours in accordance with the Individual Plan.
• Offer appropriate level of assistance to participants during the various activities (this may include being able to assist males in public restrooms or locker rooms)
• Pick up and drop off of participants in company 15 passenger vehicle.
• Maintain the structured program in a safe and friendly environment.
• Help participants obtain and maintain daily living skills and work toward their fullest potential to foster independence.
• Provide hands on support for therapeutic activities.
• Provides for the health, safety and welfare of Participants. Attends to health and safety needs according to all Service Plans, regulations and FRIENDS departmental policies & procedures. This includes all HIPAA policies. This also includes medication administration, personal hygiene, and the performance of these during all services.
• Deals effectively with crisis situations.
• Completes all required training, including annual refreshers, in the appropriate timeframe.
• Completes incidents reports for all reportable occurrences in a timely manner.
• Works productively and cooperatively as a member of a team.
• Provide support in management of emotional behaviors of participants.
• Participates fully in classes and activities and may contribute to the development of such activities.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Two years of college preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to meet FRIENDS driving requirements.
• General knowledge of developmental disabilities.
• Demonstrated skill in working with adults with developmental disabilities.
• Ability to engage in skilled interaction with people who require behavior development.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks/goals for self and others.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills with individuals and groups at all professional levels. Ability to work effectively with various technology including word processing software, internet based databases, assistive technology, etc.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Activities take place on site and within community settings. Requires ability to: Drive a vehicle 1-2 hours per day; walk and push wheelchairs; lift consumers during toileting, physical fitness classes, etc; bend to strap chairs into vehicles; fold and lift wheelchairs; carry supplies; work continuously for 3-4 hours each day. Physical activities often make up the majority of an 8 hour shift.
• Ability to drive a large van and a bus with wheelchair lift.
• Effective with shifting roles, responsibilities, and expectations in a changing environment.
• Willingness and ability to respond to emergency situations as they arise.
• Monday – Friday 8:15 am – 5:00pm
• Compensation: $12 per hour
• PTO Available after 6 months of employment
• No Medical, Dental, or Vision Benefits
• Must have a clean FBI record and driving record
• Experience a plus but not required
• CPR and 1st Aid Required [within 30 days of employment]
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.