Organization: Colorado HealthOPTitle: Systems Administrator
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: Start-up nonprofit
At Colorado HealthOP, one staff member can make a huge impact, whether you’re in the clinical department interacting directly with members or developing online platforms to make it easier for those members to access their information, you are a key player in helping us be innovative, push boundaries, and try new things every day. As a member of the IT Department you’ll have the opportunity to work on projects that engage our members in their healthcare decisions, help them make healthy choices, and find new ways to save money – not just for themselves, but the for the CO-OP as a whole.
Our Information Technology department is seeking a Systems Administrator to adjust, monitor, troubleshoot and be responsible for overall efficient operation of the system. In doing so, s/he will perform highly complex LAN/WAN (Local Area Network and Wide Area Network) projects involving the design, analysis, maintenance, and implementation of LAN/WAN equipment and networks and perform system administration of all technological tools.
Every day, the IT department works behind the scenes to ensure everything our members see online is up and running. The team identifies time-consuming internal processes and builds solutions that are reliable and scalable as our start-up continues to grow. You listen to and translate needs into high-level technical specifications, design and develop recommended systems and consult with leadership in other departments to ensure smooth implementation.
In 2015, Colorado HealthOP was named a Top Workplace in Colorado by The Denver Post. As a CO-OP, our focus is on our members and how we can get them to participate in the organization to improve the health of individuals and populations. Internally, that focus is duplicated by leadership as they work to engage our staff – ensuring that employees are committed to our goals and values, are motivated to see us succeed, and are experiencing greater job satisfaction. Our employees helped to vote up us as one of the Top Workplaces because of our great benefits package, our flexible work environment which allows for telecommuting and flexible hours, our culture of transparency, and our CEO’s weekly open office hours.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
- Continually assess emerging technologies and identify those that would be beneficial for the CO-OP. Includes developing risk assessments and potential migration paths for the IT management team.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the CO-OP workstations and servers (both on premise and in the cloud) by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software.
- Support mobile devices in the iOS and Android product lines.
- Install, configures, and maintains multiple workstations and servers (both on premise and in the cloud), ensuring proper integration with other CO-OP computer systems.
- Design, analyze, maintain and implement LAN/WAN equipment and networks;
- Provide technical support for cloud applications and services; leading support staff or coordinating with vendors to find a resolution in a timely manner.
- Coordinate assigned service requests to meet the requesting department dates within department standards.
- Test, evaluate, and recommend selections of standard network, system, hardware, and software components in the CO-OP.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, technical information with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Define user needs and recommend alternatives.
- Coordinate and communicate change control processes to ensure efficient processing including: implementing all changes in the production environment concerning all systems; providing for efficient database operations, including total throughput, input/out analysis and performance statistics; establishing database management criteria including transaction logging, backups, restore and recover, and disaster recovery; and coordinating software updates with vendors and team members as necessary.
- Monitoring system device capacities and status; coordinate and control system tuning, hardware tuning, and hardware integration. Automate monitoring processes where applicable.
- Monitoring compliance with policies and regularly reporting results to IT Manager; issuing technical bulletins to inform users of system changes; acting as technical advisor to system analysts, application specialists, and operations personnel.
- Ensure data/system security by protecting the CO-OP’s information technologies from unauthorized access, use, or interruption.
- Trains new IT support staff with company software and hardware, and best practices used for supporting users.
- Trains new CO-OP employees with company software and hardware, and best practices used for supporting users.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Experience with server operating systems and workstation operating systems in the Windows/Mac product lines
· Knowledge of mobile operating systems, including Android and iOS
· Experience in telecommunications systems
· Experience with common scripting languages
· Strong communication abilities as demonstrated by work experience
Highly Recommended Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Experience scripting with Windows PowerShell
· Experience supporting multiple SQL Server 2008 and/or 2012 RDBMS instances
· Experience configuring and supporting virtual servers in the Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Windows Azure cloud-based environments
· One or more Microsoft Certifications directly applicable to the roles and responsibilities described above
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering Technology, a directly related field, or 6+ years’ experience of systems administrator experience
· 6+ years related experience with systems administration
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.