Organization: Mental Health Center of DenverTitle: Vocational Counselor I/II
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Subcategory: Health & Mental Health
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
VCI-$30,784/yr. – $36,940/yr.
VCII-$35,713/yr. – $42,910/yr.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for rehabilitation activities which support consumers who want vocational evaluations, work adjustment training, job search and placement, and skill training for volunteer assignments, work experiences, part-time or full-time employment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Complete comprehensive vocational assessments, utilizing aptitude, interest and other assessment tools.
- Develop individualized training plans for consumers in the vocational/rehabilitation program.
- Coordination of consumer s activities at assigned work stations/sites at MHCD or outside employers.
- Monitor consumer progresses and complete case management activities with consumers or clinicians.
- Complete timely and accurate consumer data, reports and clinical documentation as required.
- Participate in pre-vocational partial care services.
- Conduct and support educational opportunities such as computer training, culinary training, wellness, training, and general education.
- Plan and facilitate social activities within the community and with the program.
- Coordinate care between the rehabilitation department and the clinical team.
- Complete consumer data, reports, and clinical documentation as required.
- Perform duties as assigned which help consumers work toward employment and recovery.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION:
Vocational Counselor I
- Bachelor degree in rehabilitation with one year of experience.
- Bachelor degree in related field with one year of vocational experience.
- Five years of vocational experience equivalency. Vocational Counselor II
- Masters degree in vocational rehabilitation.
- Masters degree in related field and one year of vocational experience, or
- Bachelors degree in rehabilitation and three years vocational experience, or
- Bachelors degree in related field and four years vocational experience.
- Seven years vocational experience equivalency.
Experience work with severe and persistent mental illness.
Knowledge of vocational community resources and the local community. General knowledge of computer technology. Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.