Organization: YMCA of Metro Denver – Community Programs BranchTitle: Youth Advocate
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Youth Advocate – KITE (Kids in Transition to Empowerment) Program
The Community Programs Branch of the YMCA of Metropolitan Denver has an immediate opening for a full-time Youth Advocate in our KITE (Kids in Transition to Empowerment) Program. The Youth Advocate helps child welfare youth successfully transition to home, school, and the community. This position is responsible for case management, services related to school attendance and success, connection to community resources, and overall advocacy and support. Youth Advocates meet weekly with youth and, as needed, with family members, school staff, and helping professionals. This is a unique position requiring extensive field work and a highly motivated individual.
Successful candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, child development, education, juvenile justice, or human service field.
- At least two years of experience with at-risk youth ages 10-18. Preferred experience includes work in a residential/day treatment center or work with the Department of Human Services or Division of Youth Corrections.
- Proven ability to relate to and engage diverse populations, youth and adults in low-income areas.
- Demonstrated dependability, follow-through, and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accountability and work autonomously.
- Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date case files.
This position reports to the Branch Executive Director and offers a competitive benefit package including health insurance, long-term disability and life insurance, and vacation and sick leave upon eligibility.
Pay Range: $14.00 – $16.00/hour
To apply for this position, candidates need to complete a two-step process:
(1) Complete online application at www.denverymca.org
(2) Send resume and cover letter to Joan Richardson, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Applications accepted until August 1.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.